Project Rawzom | Devlog #3 | New Important News

The Third One

After a week long wait, it’s finally here. The next entry in Rawzom’s devlog series. If you haven’t read the previous devlogs, go to my profile and start reading!

So I promised some features the last time we met, and once again, I have fufilled my promise.

Here are all the organized features that I added. This Devlog has the least features added then any of the other Devlogs but you will still find some interesting ones.

Here we go…

Character Customization

So I have worked around a fully customizable character. Similar to games like… Unturned, or AR2, (which I highly recommend you go play both of those) my game has clothing that can be found around the map.

Once you equip the clothes, it will change your look! And another intentional feature is that the clothes dont go away once you put them on. So you can come back and put the same clothes on again. In all honesty it is a work around so I don’t have to code more things for clothing, and I will probably change this anyways…

Music

I have also added music to the game, I wont show you the music I used because I can 100% confirm that I am going to change it in the next Devlog.

Mute button for the music.

Music1

Automatic music script I created, it allows me to add as many songs as I want and all I have to do is number them.

Music2

Day Cycle

I also added a Day and Night cycle to the game, here is a little text that shows what day it is, and what the time of day it is. I might do something to the zombies at night time, not really too sure…

Fishing

This is the biggest feature I think I added. It allows for an easier way of getting food, very cool!

1. Craft a rod. (Can be found in the survival category.)
    Fishing1

2. Equip the rod and find a nearby fishing spot.

3. fishe with the fisheing rod

4. Once you catch a fish, (20% chance.) the fishing spot dissapears and never comes back.

5. eat the fishe

Thank you for reading, it means a lot to me if you made it all the way to the end.

Speaking of the end, I’m coming close to the final features of Singleplayer, the main game mechanics of Rawzom are basically done.
I only have two more mechanics I need to add to the game…

• Fully functioning debuffs,
  • Cars,

After those two things are added, all I have to do is make the map, so Singleplayer is almost done ladies and gentlemen…

I most likely will not be working on Multiplayer, I am starting to lose motivation to keep working on this project after Singleplayer, and school is starting really soon… It really just depends on how I am feeling and how the game performs after Open Alpha is released.

Goodbye for now, I will see you… next week? It depends, school is starting next week, so I might not be able to work on this as much.

4 Likes

Wow, this game is so cool, probably this might be the best open - world zombie survival games on Roblox, they are pretty much a very popular genre, I really like the Day and Night cycle and also the UI which shows which day it is, Plus your concepts might beat other competitor games because I don’t think anyone would use the idea of Debuffs or Buffs or Crafting or Character Customisation or Fishing. Rise of The Dead does have a crafting mechanic though but not many games have.

Of course a game like this is probably pretty tough, I don’t know cause I am not a scripter but all I can say is that this game would probably take more than half a year to develop all it’s mechanics, basic prototype maps and Advanced Zombie AI’s etc… But pls don’t lose your motivation, because if this game becomes a success it would be awesome.

Plus, I think you could some story or something in Singleplayer and probably add different Zombie AI’s like Fast Zombie, Ice Zombie, Barf Zombie etc…, you know like in Zombie Attack.

I think I might have a suggestion, maybe at night around 12:00:00 to 04:00:00 You can probably spawn a boss zombie or something and probably spawn more harder AI’s during the Night. Then Remove them from the game after 4 AM and spawn normal zombies.

I think probably you should make your map in Blender, like probably a Mid - Poly or a Realistic Map for a game like yours For Example: Recoil Zombies by Bad Skeleton. It’s maps are simply so realistic and cool and pretty much fits into the Gameplay.

Also, maybe you could add a HP UI and probably add an XP System, the more harder Ai’s you kill, the more your XP/Strength increases and you level up. And probably can add a shop were players can buys new clothes, guns, food, water etc… through XP/Strength

Whoa, I didn’t knew that this post would be this long.

Sorry if this Post is Too Long.

But You’re doing Great!

I’m really sorry to break the news that I have stopped working on this project last month, school started and I lost motivation for this game. I never thought it would take this long and I never thought I would make it this long into the process. I’ve became interested in the long and hard process of developing an RTS game, so I will be working on that in my freetime.

2 Likes

I still think about this project once in a while, hope you got better.

I was just having a blast of nostalgia going through all my old games and old posts on here. I moved away from Roblox as a whole because it just wasn’t the same anymore, and some pretty shady stuff seems to be going on behind the scenes at HQ. I moved onto Unreal Engine to continue my hobby of game development. If you end up seeing this, thanks for remembering me.