Project Rawzom | Personal Devlog #2

It is finally time! The second part of my ongoing devlog is here, and today I have a lot to show you.

So the last time we left off, I had promised a couple of features, and I can say, I have successfully delivered on all of these new features!
Thank you to @BloodAlibi for the menu idea.

Now, if you look below, I have organized all the new features into their own lists.
Check it out!

New Menu

The first new thing, the remade menu. I used a post-apocalyptic reference image that I found on google. I originally was going to make different views when you hover over different buttons, but I decided against it as I couldn’t come up with any cool ideas for it.

Brand new menu screen!

Hammer

I haven’t added much in weapons, but one of the weapons I did add, was the hammer.

The hammer is made of two mesh parts that I made in blender. It is a very important tool if you want to survive in this game. It can be used to destroy certain objects, such as wooden floors.

When an object is destroyed, it creates a dust effect. It also gives you resources, which is the most important part. This wood floor gave me 15 wood.

I also created rocks that gave you stone, but I forgot to take a screenshot of them, too lazy to go and take one right now…

Crafting / New resource menu / New base stat

I mentioned this in the first devlog, this was one of the features I planned on adding. Crafting is going to be a major part in the game, without crafting, you can’t survive.

This is what the resource menu looks like, it shows you your resources, and some statistics, for example your health and walkspeed

If we look down to the bottom left, we can click on Crafting. This will bring up the new crafting menu.

We now can click on any of the categories shown here, it will bring us another tab with a list of items we can craft.

Each item shows the number of resources it needs to be crafted. If anyone can help me figure out how to lay the TextButton text over the child viewportframe that would help…

Click on the item, and it will start crafting, if you don’t have enough resources, it wont start the craft. You get the point lol.

Crafting2047CyberpunkKeanuReaves

Cyperpunk3077KanyeWestEdition

Along with crafting, a new base stat has been added to the game. It goes by the name of Carpentry.

Carpentry

Carpentry is one of the most time saving stats, with a good carpentry stat, a craft that usually would take two minutes, can become just one minute. A major time save!

Campfire

The campfire is a new item I created to test the crafting mechanics. You are able to craft or pick up the campfire and place it down.

The campfire will heal a nearby player at a slow pace. It is a super important item in the game.

Basic Zombie Artificial Intelligence

One of the things I promised in the last devlog, was the Zombie AI. I am kind of proud to say that I have made a prototype.

This crude excuse for an AI is able to navigate walls, like never seen before.

If the AI is in front of a wall, and it currently isn’t chasing a player. It will turn 90 degrees to its left when it detects a wall in front of it.

As you can see in this free model I found in the toolbox, it can… uhh… somewhat navigate buildings…

But now another problem comes up…

Now the ai is stuck on the counter, and it isn’t detecting a part in front of it, because the raycast (basically its eyes or vision) isn’t noticing a part. So it just kind of… stays there.

I didn’t spend toooooo much time on this AI… and I really want to make this AI on my own without the pathfinding service, so I hope to see this 500 iq brain AI make a comeback. And in the next devlog, I hope to be able to turn when the AI hits the counter.

If you read, litterally everything. You mean so much to me, and let me know what you think! Really… any feedback counts, a comment just saying that you like the idea so far would help too, every little thing counts!

Thank you so much, I will be back next week with another full devlog! For now, leave a comment, I will make sure to respond!

Edit 1: List of things I am going to work on for the next devlog. Forgot to do this section.

• Completed Zombie
  • Character Customization (not completely sure yet…)
  • Another weapon…
4 Likes

The game looks so cool I’ll definitely play it when it comes out!
But one thing I suggest is to make a better GUI Probably make a wood style UI.

1 Like

Wood style seems like an interesting idea, I think I’ll do that, I just wasn’t sure what do for the gui, and I’m not a very good designer lol.

1 Like