Project The Outbreak: Playable Character - Simon (Feedback)

Hello Devs, I’m Tiblemonz from Nil Studios.
I’m here to share some progress on our project The Outbreak which me and my friend tomas7777 have been doing.

About the project: The Outbreak is a PVE mission game which will have it’s own story line. The game will have plenty of unique characters to play with.

Devforum: We want this game to be spectacular and special, but in order to do that, we need your feedback! Roblox games are growing everyday, and people manage to do really beautiful things. We don’t have all the experience required to do that, and we are always looking to learn new things with you all.

Today, we would like to share with you one of the playable characters named Simon.

:warning: Warning: The progress you will see is not finished and can be changed. You may see things missing like sound effects, UIs, etc.

Give your feedback :arrow_down:

Simon abilities and info:

Class: Tank
Health: 300
Shield (15% Damage Reduction): 100

Basic attacks: Gravitational cubes

Summary

Passive 1: Revive Mimi faster than usual. Cooldown: 20s. (Keyboard: 2)

Summary

Passive 2: Simon can float after jumping and his fall is slower.

Summary

Q: Charges a gravity ball then launches it. If enemies are nearby, they will get pulled and stunned. After 5 seconds or when colliding with a wall, the gravity ball explodes dealing damage. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Summary

E: Uses his cubes to charge a powerful gravity beam that deals damage overtime. To use this ability, Simon must have 6 cubes. Cooldown: 20s

Summary

1: Enemies around Simon (50studs) will get knocked up (4secs) and stunned for 5 seconds. Cooldown: 100 seconds.

Summary

Test him by yourselves: The Outbreak: Testing Place (Simon) - Roblox

Leave your feedback here!
1 - Very bad
3 - Not bad and not good
5 - Really good

What do you think about Simon?

0 voters

What do you think about his visual effects?

0 voters

What do you think about his overall abilities?

0 voters

What do you think about his animations?

0 voters

And that concludes our Simon! If you want, you can also leave some feedback here on the comments!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for your attention! See you next time! :slight_smile:

• Tiblemonz, tomas7777 from Nil Studios

Group link: Nil Studios - Roblox

3 Likes

This is amazing! Could be a bit difficult for noobs to use though, are basic attacks automatically locked on enemies?

3 Likes

We thought about it, and it would be interesting for basic attacks to stick to enemies if they pass too close to the enemy. This would make it easier for people to hit enemies!
Thank you for the feedback! :blush:

1 Like

In a lot of MMRPG and MOBA games basic attacks are very easy to hit especially ranged.
The point is, the weaker the damage the easier it should be to use

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, we simply made the cubes’ hitbox a bit larger than their visual model to give some margin. It does sound like a good idea to make the cubes home in on close enemies, or atleast have some sort of auto-aim to assist. Personally I just thought I had bad aim :joy:

2 Likes