Projectile Body Velocity is slow

I’m using a BodyVelocity to move a projectile but it is always too slow. I was under the impression multiplying a LookVector *X would cause a body velocity to reach X studs per second in relation to the look vector. I can’t seem to speed it up to more than a dribble off my monsters lips even if I set a new vector 3 to 2500 in the direction I want and set P to like 50000 or math.huge.

Thanks for any guidance!

position = script.Parent.Parent.AttackPos

local function spitAttack ()

	local spit = projectile:Clone()
	spit.CFrame = position.CFrame
	--spit.BodyVelocity.P = 50000
	--spit.BodyVelocity.MaxForce =,5000,5000) didnt do anything

	spit.BodyVelocity.Velocity = position.CFrame.LookVector*250

You have to increase the MaxForce property to a high value, as the projectile heavily relies on mass slowing the speed down due to physics

“MaxForce” is literally what it’s saying: The max amount of force you can apply on each axis on a BodyVelocity

	spit.BodyVelocity.MaxForce =, math.huge, math.huge)

That did it! I should have messed with those more, I was underestimating them because i made my projectile massless. Thank you very much!