Projectile Motion

Hi, I’ve been trying to learn projectile motion lately(for making a realistic bow), I’ve looked at various youtube videos, various posts in dev forum, but people like me with low intelligence don’t seem to understand. What I would like is if someone could explain to me what equations do what in Projectile motion. From what I’ve read their are 5 main equations in projectile motion.

If anyone could explain these equations to me in a simple manner and show me 1 example on how to use it in roblox studio., it would very much help me.

Thanks for reading! :slightly_smiling_face:

Look into fast cast if you dont want to deal with all of the physics:

That’s how I make all my non hitscan weapons including bows

1 Like

Yea, I do know about this module, but I want to learn it my self and actually understand. It wouldn’t really feel good if I always relied on something that I haven’t made my self.

That’s just me though, everyone has different opinions.

1 Like

Those are all the very basic “equations of motion” which most learn during high school. I’m not sure to what extent you’ll be able to use this for game development purposes, but they’re handy for figuring out a lot outside of it in the daily life, such as how long it takes to get from A to B when an object has none or a constant acceleration. You can also use these equations to find the constant acceleration given other values.

Alright, thanks for the help! I will check out the article you sent me.