Prompt t-shirt purchase

I want to prompt a player to buy my t-shirt when the player touches a part, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

This is my code:

local SHIRT_ID = 8896035930

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(otherPart)
	local partParent = otherPart.Parent
	local humanoid = partParent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
	if humanoid then
		game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(game.Players.LocalPlayer, SHIRT_ID)
	end
end)

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 9.39.40 AM

I don’t get any error messages. Help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Maybe try this instead.

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(Hit)
	if Hit.Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("Humanoid") then
		game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(Hit.Parent), SHIRT_ID)
	end
end)
3 Likes

You can’t call Local Player from a Server script. You need to change the script to a local script.

Create a local script and paste the same code you have inside. Then delete the server script you originally have.

1 Like

It will not work, local script can’t use touched function.

LocalScripts CAN use the touched function, but they can not be inside of workspace or any other non-player related areas, meaning that it has to be under something related to the player and run from there.

2 Likes

You need to use Touchinterest instead then. But it has to be in a local script because you can’t call local player in a server script no matter what you do.

Ok no problem, that means both scripts works but script is the most precise.

I changed the code for you. Make sure its in a local script.

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(player)
	game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):PromptPurchase(player, SHIRT_ID)
end)

LocalScripts don’t work in workspace, they need to be a descendant of a Player or Character, you need to use a normal script, @Misinformater’s code should work.

This is true, but you can get a Player if you have the right info, like their Character. You can use game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter() or even just get the Player with the Characters name by going through game.Players[Character.Name].

This would only work if script.Parent is part of the player’s character, which is obviously not what OP wants.

2 Likes

Thanks for info. I didn’t know that.

1 Like