Prompted to reconnect consistently when trying to connect while in-game on other device

Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-22 15:04:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-22 15:04:00 (-04:00)

Reproduction Steps:
Today I was testing a game on my phone and I wanted to connect on PC to test there.

I attempted to follow the instructions “Reconnect if you prefer to use this device.” and this message appeared consistently, not allowing me to reconnect unless I disconnected from the game on my phone.

Expected Behavior:
I expect it to disconnect me on my phone if I try reconnecting from my PC, while in-game on my phone, after this prompt appears once, preferably with a “reconnect” button.

Actual Behavior:
It repeatedly shows me the Disconnected prompt with the “Same account launched from different device. Reconnect if you prefer to use this device (Error Code: 264)” message.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! it is a minor bug and we’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

This issue has resurfaced but is circumstantial. For the behavior:

1. Player is connecting to a server.
  2. Client disconnects immediately.
  3. Server thinks the client is still connected to the server.
  4. Player reconnects to the server, but server refuses duplicate connections and boots the new one.
1 Like

I haven’t been able to reproduce this problem for a couple months now so I’m marking this as solved

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.