PromptPurchaseFinished Does Not Fire in Studio

So today I tried to implement dev product purchasing into my game, and when trying to get it to work in studio I could not get PromptPurchaseFinished to fire while in studio. I was using this event to know when a player did or did not purchase a dev product. I tried to update studio by downloading it again from the develop page, but it does not appear to be working. This error appears when I first start play solo, so I am not sure if it is related. I asked @Dev0mar for assistance, but he confirmed my findings, it does not appear to fire in studio. ProcessReceipt works, PromptProductPurchase works, but not PromptPurchaseFinished. I have API use enabled and this also happens in a test server, so I am completely out of ideas. Is anyone else encountering this issue or know a possible solution?

2 Likes

Even if you just connect the function to see if it’d print anything as soon as it connects, it doesnt fire… (doesnt print)

PromptPurchaseFinished only works for non-developer product assets. This is expected behavior?

1 Like

I wouldn’t think so considering PromptProductPurchaseFinished is deprecated.

Is this what you are experiencing?

No the UI goes away and the process of buying a dev product works. The issue I was having was that PromptPurchaseFinished wasn’t firing, but it turns out that’s for when a player buys an item from the roblox catalog, library, etc from in-game. This has now become more of an issue that PromptProductPurchaseFinished is deprecated and there is no replacement. PromptProductPurchaseFinished works fine, I just don’t trust using something marked as deprecated.

Why do you want to use PromptProductPurchaseFinished? If you don’t use ProcessReceipt you wont recieve the robux that was spent on the purchase- you have to tell the server that the purchase was successful.

That event was deprecated for a reason and there is the actually useful alternative of ProcessReceipt.

1 Like

The problem is that you can’t tell when someone cancels a purchase prompt. If I want my interface to yield until the user clicks Buy or Cancel, then I need some event to tell me.

PromptPurchaseFinished should work with Developer Products, and I’m confused why it currently doesn’t. I’m currently faced with this issue too, hence the bump.

It does not work online either.

Yeah I get this usecase, as I have used it before. But you can use PromptProductPurchaseFinished for a product sale even though it’s deprecated.

Yep, that’s what I’m going to do for now. It feels so wrong though lol

I think PromptProductPurchaseFinished is deprecated solely to prevent people from using it to check for purchase success. It has legitimate uses and I don’t think it’s planned to be removed.

I had a similar problem when I needed to check if a user cancelled a purchase. It took me a long time to realize there was a “deprecated” event sitting around that did exactly what I needed.

1 Like

Cool, then I’m just gonna use it. Roblox engineers can fight me. (Plz don’t I can’t fight)

2 Likes