Mock Purchases do not work in Team Test

So, I am making a name system where a player is able to change their name, color, and the font they have. However, to change the font, you have to pay a 25 robux fee every time. However, in team test mode, the “Purchasing” UI is stuck on the screen.

In play mode, everything works fine as I had intended it to be, as shown.

https://i.gyazo.com/9501f9ad46ccb154074fffda159b9877.gif

Now, in team test, it just loops in the Purchasing screen and never ends up completing the transaction, nor doing the font change.

So, it just stays there…

So now, I am wondering, is this a simple studio bug? Would the Developer Product complete it’s transaction within the actual game itself? Or is it a scripting error where I did something wrong? I rarely use developer products, so this is more of a seventh time I am scripting this. I’ve never had this problem before, mainly because I went in the game itself and actually spent the robux. Now that I don’t really have a steady income anymore, I don’t want to do that.

3 Likes

Publish it and find out! Products should work in studio.
If you’d like, paste the line of code you’re using to prompt it. And specify where you got the ID from.

Well, I didn’t really want to waste 25 robux, but whatever.

I published the game and purchased the developer product, and it seems to work as I had intended it to do.

Is this a studio bug? I really don’t want to be testing developer products by spending robux every time.

I can confirm that purchasing developer products from Team Test does not work (fine in play solo / test server+player) – the purchase prompt just infinitely yields as displayed in the OP’s gifs. I assume Studio is getting confused because Team Test is more like a live client than Studio.

@The_Envelope Move to Studio Bugs and change the title to “Mock Purchases do not work in Team Test”

Is there a reason you can’t use Studio Play mode as you did in the first gif to test purchasing?

Studio play mode works fine, that’s the first gif. Studio team test mode doesn’t work.

Yes, I’m aware. Why do you need to test purchasing in Team Test? Why can’t you do your testing for all your future developer products in Studio Play mode?

(obviously the bug should be fixed, but I’m trying to make sure you have a workaround until it is)

I am developing this place with a friend of mine and we usually test things out in team create together. We jumped on this issue when we were testing together. There’s no problem with me testing in the regular play mode, it’s just that it’s more fun to test with a friend :smiley:

2 Likes

Before mock testing existed, I would just set the price to 1R$ when testing. It’s an okay temporary workaround.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue when using Team Test.
developer%20product

I am also experiencing this issue when using team test.