"Proseadural" Arms in a View model

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m looking to recreate a feature from an old open source weapon engine in which the arms act dynamically and realistically. It is difficult to explain so I’ll provide a gif.
    Gif

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m stumped on where to begin, I have a simple view model set up with basic arms for testing and I’m looking to use a script to create bricks mimicking arms and hands between 3 given points that act as a shoulder, elbow, and hand for each arm. Creating the bricks and adjusting them using run service seems simple enough given the context, however getting the joints to act and move fluently is what stumps me. I’m not great with springs and my lack of understanding could be the issue.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I’ve tried using Roblox’s built in constraints however they get buggy and often have spasms. I’m stumped and will provide the code form the open source engine if needed.

Any help would be appreciated, I’m not looking for this to be done for me rather just given a rough idea of the steps needed to get to where I want to be, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need to learn how to do springiness if you use TweenService or SpringService from Roblox’s endorsed weapons kit.

Hm, noted, I’ll do some work with the two services, I’m not so familiar with tween outside of values so I’ll mark this as the Solution if it works, thank you in advance!