Proximity prompt client specific KeyCodes

i have never worked with proximity prompts before since they are kinda new and i wanted to create my own custom proximity prompt but am not sure as to how to go about it

my problem currently is that i want the input of the proximity prompt to be able to be changed by the user in a settings menu i made but proximity prompts don’t have an Adronee variable like billboardGuis for example and as such i can only change the KeyCode variables of the proximity prompt globally and not locally for the client

also this is unrelated and i could do it myself but i couldn’t find a way to detect a prompt being shown to a player on the server side and the only way to do that seems to be using remote events but that seems kinda weird that you can’t detect that on the server side and only on the client side and have to implement a roundabout way to do that and also easily exploitable if i don’t implement proximity distance verification on the server side which is annoying since that’s what the proximity prompt is literally made for: not having to detect distances manually in code to enable gui’s

If you change the keycode variables of the prompt using a local script then that would only apply for that client. The question is then how you want to go about doing this for all of your prompts. I think it would make sense to use CollectionService (Tags) to group all the prompts together and differentiate between different prompts for different purposes.

I take it you have your prompts already created as part of your map. In which case you just need to tag them all as prompts so that you can use CollectionService:GetTagged() on the client to collect all the instances.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.