Proximity Prompt Skin (Minimalistic Light Wood)

About: Light Wood Proximity Prompt Skin
I made the UI and code for a custom ProximityPrompt today, and I thought I’d share it with you guys. It’s pretty easy to use, and fits well with lots of games. You can also recolor it without any coding. Fair warning: I did make it pretty quickly, so the code isn’t super pretty or anything :wink:.

Showcase
prompt gif

compare

Instructions

1. Get the model here: ProximityPrompt Skin: Light Wood - Roblox or from the place file below.
  2. Put the model inside StarterPlayerScripts (Game Explorer > StarterPlayer > StarterPlayerScripts)
  3. Any prompt you want to have the skin, set ProximityPrompt.Style to custom:
    properties image
  4. That’s it! When you play your game, the prompts should look like the ones in the GIF above.

Recoloring

1. Change the colors of the UI instances inside the script:
    recolor
  2. I’d recommend copying the BillboardGui named “Prompt” into a part, change the colors there, then replace the old prompt. Remember to reset the text and image values :+1:

Last Bit
Hope you all find this useful! Something to note: there isn’t a loading bar animation for long press prompts, though they still work. Here is a place file you can use to check it out: ProximityPrompt Skin Example Place.rbxl (50.9 KB)

39 Likes

Looks amazing! I hope you will continue making amazing stuff like this!

2 Likes

This is pretty cool, and like the person above me said, hope you continue to make amazing stuff like this!

3 Likes

Will you add support for hold duration?

3 Likes

Is there any duration support?

2 Likes