Proximity Prompt Studio Beta

When will this be out? Currently, it only works on studio.

Their earliest prediction of its release will be early 2021, based off of this post:

Hey There! Iā€™ve been using the Proximity Prompt for a couple of days and I just found out that It doesnā€™t work on a team test. To be more clear, it shows the prompt but doesnā€™t get triggered for some unknown reason.

This is a know error mentioned by someone, to fix this, put the proximity prompt in a base part (part, truss, meshpart, etc.) or under a model with a primary part set.

1 Like

Is there an ETA when this will be released to the website and out of studio? Iā€™ve been experimenting ALOT with this, and itā€™s truly an amazing roblox update. Probably my most favorite! Touched events are a thing of the past with these bad boys!

2 Likes

Trying to add it to the workspaceā€™ll not work (instance not shown) I guess you set this menu to ā€œshow only recommended instanceā€ (so the proximity prompt is not displayed)

Try to do the same in a part, it should properly work

For what theyā€™ve said, not before early 2021

Hello there.

Right now, Iā€™m facing a problem with the ProximityPrompt for my 2020 FPIU (A-Chassis).
The GUI wonā€™t appear if a player is inside the MaxActivationDistance.

Here are the pictures:

As you can see, Iā€™ve stood in the MaxActivationDistance and no GUI seems to appear.

Capture2
And thisā€™s the FPIUā€™s DriveSeatā€™s child.

Thanks.

I believe it will work if you uncheck RequiresLineOfSight in options.

6 Likes

Is there anyway to make the prompts smaller?

3 Likes

Good stuff! I was working on this exact thing for a game Iā€™m working on. Although this isnā€™t public yet, this is a great premade object Iā€™d be using. Thanks

Is there an ETA for when this will be released? I would like this to me in my game that I am developing.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve heard early 2021, but donā€™t quote me

2 Likes

I already added it to a game but it doesnā€™t show in-gameā€¦ Since itā€™s beta I canā€™t use it yet right? Isnā€™t there any way to enable it?

Proximity prompt wonā€™t fire ā€œTriggeredā€ event on the server for me. Having to use remote events to implement some functionality. Is this expected behaviour?

Iā€™ve used it in a game and it fires the Triggered event on the server. Maybe itā€™s a bug?

Does this work in-game or just in studio?

Seems like this would be nice for games but when can we expect to see this feature be released from beta? As of right now its only in studio.

Can I get a general timeframe for when this is released? This is an excellent feature and I look forward to using it.