PS1 Style Horror

Was able to create a small recreation of the PSX that was used in PlayStation’s older consoles. I turned mine into a horror ambient style game thing. Heres a video of it, and some pictures. https://twitter.com/EggDev_/status/1313507927647416321

49 Likes

LOL IM ACTUALLY CRACKING UP.
I would play this 24/7 xd.

Does the womans body stay in that position while walking? If so, keep it. Its kinda funny.
In seriousness though, I like it, and think it has potential. If you want it to be a serious horror game, go in Blender and make some new body meshes. Also the trees im not fond of.

Its nice though!

4 Likes

The old filter of the design fits well with the game console. Awesome job!

1 Like

Now that I watch the video, ignore my other comment, its PERFECT. DO NOT CHANGE IT.

Seriously I wanna play this.

2 Likes

There is a chance I could make it into an actual game for the public, its a test although, anything in there could be remade. I’m still testing out how I can make it look like it actually came straight out of the real console.

Oh wait I already responded :P, but your comment still was pretty informational, as I also think the trees are a bit too flat, trees in old ps1 games had 3D trunks, but the flat decal leaves. I’ll take your comment into consideration soon.

Its too good. Good luck with the project though!

Is there any way I could actually help out? Like testing it?

I don’t really know actually, maybe in the future when I’m able to actually show the full thing without thinking people aren’t going to like it (assuming most Roblox players haven’t actually seen PS1)

1 Like

That model is scarier than any game I’ve ever played.

1 Like

Have more nightmares by searching for the PS1 gameplay of silent hill

Why did I look that up?! The models look so bad. :laughing:

2 Likes

Woah that’s really cool. I like the tree though, and how come there isn’t any more games with a style like this on roblox?

1 Like

Because they think its going to copy Puppet Combo or get copyrighted by PS

1 Like

I really love your character lol I too worked on a PS1 style horror too

11 Likes

I too was going to add the 4:3 ratio but I thought it was going to take away the game’s quality a bit since people aren’t used to it like me and some other people are. I might as well make it just an option.

1 Like

This is super cool! I am also in the making or at least trying to make a game similar to this type of style. But if someone were to make a game like this. Would this game possibly get taken down due to it looking very similar to PS? I am not sure but overall really nice concept!

1 Like

PS just had Low Poly characters and 640x480 resolution of graphics, many consoles used the same thing, the only thing PS had to itself was its PSX shading, which is what made it look shaky when you moved the camera. People like Puppet Combo have created PS1/2/3 style horror games as well.

1 Like

So if I were to create the same thing, low poly characters and very similar feels to the PS1. But the only thing we cannot do is the PSX shading?

1 Like

Also, I would love to try to make a PS1 style character model, so quick question. When in the making of your character model. I am assuming you made all the body parts separated like the head was separate from the torso and etc. with the other parts?

1 Like

The character was made before skinned meshparts, so yes, they were separated. Also I was able to recreate PSX shading almost accurately except for texture stretching (As I don’t know how to do that) but my method is a bit of a secret, you might find out how to do it in the future though. I don’t know Sony’s opinion on PS game recreations, so I can’t confirm nor deny if they will allow PSX recreation.

1 Like