PS1 Style Horror

Have more nightmares by searching for the PS1 gameplay of silent hill

Why did I look that up?! The models look so bad. :laughing:

2 Likes

Woah that’s really cool. I like the tree though, and how come there isn’t any more games with a style like this on roblox?

1 Like

Because they think its going to copy Puppet Combo or get copyrighted by PS

1 Like

I really love your character lol I too worked on a PS1 style horror too

11 Likes

I too was going to add the 4:3 ratio but I thought it was going to take away the game’s quality a bit since people aren’t used to it like me and some other people are. I might as well make it just an option.

1 Like

This is super cool! I am also in the making or at least trying to make a game similar to this type of style. But if someone were to make a game like this. Would this game possibly get taken down due to it looking very similar to PS? I am not sure but overall really nice concept!

1 Like

PS just had Low Poly characters and 640x480 resolution of graphics, many consoles used the same thing, the only thing PS had to itself was its PSX shading, which is what made it look shaky when you moved the camera. People like Puppet Combo have created PS1/2/3 style horror games as well.

1 Like

So if I were to create the same thing, low poly characters and very similar feels to the PS1. But the only thing we cannot do is the PSX shading?

1 Like

Also, I would love to try to make a PS1 style character model, so quick question. When in the making of your character model. I am assuming you made all the body parts separated like the head was separate from the torso and etc. with the other parts?

1 Like

The character was made before skinned meshparts, so yes, they were separated. Also I was able to recreate PSX shading almost accurately except for texture stretching (As I don’t know how to do that) but my method is a bit of a secret, you might find out how to do it in the future though. I don’t know Sony’s opinion on PS game recreations, so I can’t confirm nor deny if they will allow PSX recreation.

1 Like

bro you confused me so much because I have the same avatar as you and I was like “when did I post this?”

1 Like

Sharkblox made everyone wear this avatar, I had this avatar for like 2 months now

This is awesome I would love to use this. :pleading_face: :+1:

Super interesting and cool, I really love the nostalgia it brings.

What are the chances you could make this open sourced?

I initially lost interest in the game a few days after making the post, since people really like the idea, there is a chance I could finish it, I don’t know about open sourcing it since the game has some things that would be really hard to maintain.

1 Like

If you decide you want to do this, I’d appreciate it a lot! :+1:

Revamped;

how did u get the pixelation effect?