PSA: The Roblox App Beta for MacOS is out!

YES!!! The Roblox Windows 10 App is “basically” on macOS! I have a 2020 MacBook Air 13 Inch (INTEL BASED (DUAL CORE INTEL CORE I3), NOT M1). I am so happy that the roblox app does not redirect me to the games page on my mac anymore. I will still use the Roblox Website on certian occasions tho. It actually looks like the Roblox Mobile App, but some parts are modified and changed to optimize for Intel and M1 macs. (Yes, I am lucky that I do have access to it!!! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Pop-out windows on Mac Roblox while in full screen will only get your screen stuck, and the only way to fix it is either stop using full screen or force quitting Roblox

Is there any fix for this?

(What i mean for pop-out windows is something like this):

Otherwise, great update though, the UI is just a little confusing and unbalanced and some features from website is removed so if you can add them then it would be helpful, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Want to opt in?
Go to the applications folder, right click on roblox, the press Show Package Contents. Then, open the MacOS folder inside the Contents folder and open the RobloxPlayer, then copy and paste this:

roblox-player://roblox-player:+launchmode:app+robloxLocale:en_us+gameLocale:en_us+LaunchExp:InApp

^ Credits to @LocalWE for this code thingy
And this is how you can opt in if you were not part of the 10%!

4 Likes

My cursor becomes invisible and stuck whenever the built in browser is launched.

If you use roblox-player:1+launchmode:app+LaunchExp:InApp+gameinfo: with an authentication ticket (that you get when making a valid POST request to this) at the end, you’ll keep the beta (even when opening Roblox from a browser) on your computer like the button does.

Pretty exciting, but only 10% of people can access it? This isn’t voice chat…

You can also get Roblox Age Verification early by a way as dumb as this. Roblox, check who sends the API calls before granting a verification URL.

Honestly I am never gonna use this, I’ve given a try and I have some feedback.

1. It feels like mobile app but on a desktop device, it’s like using a emulator.

2. The development page is a pop-out which is a lazy way of saying not built in a new UI element, it doesn’t feature a way to copy and paste id which is critical to development.

3. It feels slow and not in place. I’ve been using macOS all of my life and having apps doesn’t feel right it’s goes for any “app” on a computer it feels weird (only if it’s like google, roblox studio that’s different that’s a application or program)

4. Too many pop outs, why not make the pages that are pop outs into it’s own UI elements that defeats a purpose of a app, that’s like if safari had a pop-out in a page of the search bar.

5. Feels too much like a mobile app then a desktop app.

Honestly if you want to convince people to use it, make it feel like it’s a application then a third party use.

@Xapelize Just like the pop-out in badges why not make it in the program then having it pop out. Having so many pop outs make it feel out of place.

1 Like

Do we have to be using Safari to get the banner? I’m using Chrome and I was just wondering if this would affect it.

Heres the banner if you want?

1 Like

It looks decent so far!

I hope that the final version looks way different though as this could be a big step towards Roblox being more respected as a platform, and a mobile UI port with tons of web prompts at every corner is not gonna cut it I believe.

Ideally the entire interface should be part of the app and some parts of the interface should have their own look and feel.

I hope that there is an Apple Silicon version of Studio and the client eventually too. I hope nothing is preventing them from adopting it, since Rosetta 2 will not be around forever.

2 Likes

Will this be distributed through the App Store? I only ask since the Windows 10 version if I recall is shipped through their app store, too.

This is great to see! I’d love to be able to test it if I am ever selected, especially since I have a new Mac with an M1 inside.

No, this will not ship to the App Store unfortunately…

Just wanted to add that this is much harder on macOS, I have tried finding something similar with no success yet (with a VM that doesn’t have 3D acceleration.

Does macOS support protocols anyways?

The Windows beta is not shipped through the Microsoft Store, however the legacy UWP app is.

Thanks, I meant to know if I was invited to the beta or not though haha

I’m in the beta. I have to say, it’s not an enjoyable experience. I’m not sure what’s bad about it but I don’t like it. I’m really glad that I can easily opt out, but the big banner on my home page is sort of annoying.

So, cool! I’ve been using if for a while. I really, don’t see the point of it. I haven’t used it much, and I can’t copy things on the Roblox app. So, I’ll stick to my web browser to open Roblox games. Also, I have a mousepad not a mouse, and I can’t scroll down.

Wow, you flexing your computer is not that great.

Omg yes, the hot keys. I used to leave the game so fast now I have to do so much extra work.

1 Like