PSA: The Roblox App Beta for MacOS is out!

I think the develop feature is missing.

It should have develop feature for macs and windows.

Btw I hope I get the beta app

I completely agree with you. It really does feel like an emulator. However, I like how its really more user-friendly for new players and less larger than on the website version to not be confusing to new players.

But the pop-outs are severely annoying and there is missing features such as trading.

In addition, the bar could be on the bottom and they could add way more icons instead of LITERALLY flooding the "(…)"page with about 10 other features

I almost always use Windows as my platform to create/play Roblox. Somehow, though, when I used my backup laptop I saw that I was able to opt-in as a MacOS beta user, but not as a Windows user.

Can someone tell me why I was able to use the beta for MacOS instead of Windows? I don’t consider myself as a Mac User.

PS: It’s really weird that I got in the rare 10% of the beta for a software that I don’t use :thinking:

1 Like

Hotkeys would be beneficial. :+1:

1 Like

I think there is a new and terrible update…
Previously, after getting the beta on our computers, it would stay for all accounts.
Now, the beta can only be used for the accounts that really got the beta on the homepage…
Maybe it’s a bug and it’s why Roblox is currently getting many updates.
:white_check_mark: Fixed.

1 Like

Hey Lulu,
This should be fixed at the moment! Thanks for being patient, it was an oversight on our end, and we reverted the change!

Wow, actually worked on me! Also, I had to remove roblox-player://.

1 Like

This is awesome; I guess I’m in the 10% because I received the banner!
Anyways, does this have any further capabilitys?

And heres how it looks for me

Maybe its because light mode and dark mode since i am using my alternative account to get the banner and i did not change my roblox theme

I need help! I can’t opt out of the macOS beta.

My sisters also play on this same computer but they aren’t in the beta, there is also no banner for any of us and no opt out setting at all. It force opted me in.

Do you not see the option in more → settings? It should be on the bottom of the screen

Hmm, I’m not sure about the bottom of the screen. I’ll go check.

1 Like

sorry for bringing up on a old post but…
like some people said, menus are a bit slow and i don’t really like the mobile UI feel to it.

also i hope they add a option to close the launcher/app entirely when i leave a game, because i don’t feel like clicking additional buttons after doing an Esc + L + enter.

1 Like

wish i was added to this i feel like that they should open it to more users so they can get more feedback. just an opinion though

Very cool now my friends can play on mac too and me too!

Thx Roblox

It looks very cool it’s cool that roblox made it for more Platforms :smiley: :heart:

I found a bug:

Pressing escape doesn’t pull this menu up anymore.

Also, the L key bind image is missing. However, when holding left click, you can see it.

Hi BillB1ox
Are you still running into this issue?

Sorry for the late response. The escape menu seems to be fixed, but the L Keybind being missing is still an issue.

1 Like