PSA: The Roblox App Beta for MacOS is out!

ok so i got it and i didn’t even know that it was a beta and I just found out how to disable it (thankfully) because there’s really nothing changed abt it its just a worse version of the website and every time you leave a roblox game it takes you to that app so now that I disabled it just don’t use it and be happy if you don’t have it

Recently saw that the menu reverted back. I personally like the previous menu more than what was reverted back to, but I will give feedback anyway.

1: Why do we need 2 leave buttons?

Its very strange to have 2 leave buttons when only 1 is needed. Perhaps replacing the L icon on the bottom with the home icon will be better,

2: The X Button.

This has been an issue ever since the new topbar released, but its Size and Position should be the exact same as the topbar. Looking at it inside of a beta version of my game doesn’t make it look good, as I have a menu bar to make the topbar look better in my opinion.
Its Size should be {0, 32},{0, 32} while its position should be {0, 16},{0, 4}. It kind of bothers me that it isn’t the same exact size and position as the Roblox Logo.

3: Escape key doesn’t work again.

This is a bad user-friendly issue as a game can have a user be forced in full screen, and the end player cannot click on anything. Im pretty sure it is a bug, but still, this might be the thing to prioritize.

Anyways, that is my take on the reverted escape menu. Hope these can be fixed.

Opting-out doesn’t work, this needs to be fixed. The whole macOS application is garbage and doesn’t function properly.

Edit: I forgot to mention Shift-Lock is broken.

I agree. I just today randomly got opted-in, and I really don’t like it. There is no way to opt out.

3 Likes

Same, there’s no opt-out button at the bottom of settings. Reinstalling does not fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.