PSA: The Roblox App Beta for Windows is Chugging Along!

I’d really like to see the keybind Esc + L + Enter work in the new beta client. Other than that it looks great. I’m glad to see that there is still a way to opt out if you do not want to use the new client; hopefully, you will still be able to use the current “legacy” client when the beta client is fully implemented.

6 Likes

Is anyone else experiencing major performance impacts? I’m getting ~20 FPS on all games, and I have a 2080ti and a 3900X.

2 Likes

Will we be getting a macOS version of this soon?

1 Like

This breaks one of the core experiences of roblox and one of the things I like a lot.

Virtual Reality Support

With the new beta app, my Oculus Quest 2 no longer picks up Roblox as a playable VR game if connected by Cable, or AirLink which sucks. Not to mention the UI on the beta also resemables mobile a lot. Is this just a direct port of the app store version?

Time to uninstall roblox and reinstall just to get the support back.

Don’t get me wrong, the beta is nice, for some people but it’s just not fit for my use case. Not to mention the annoying prompt when trying to close the app…

Any plans to add back VR to the client?? It kinda contradicts the “About Roblox” section of the website where it says it supports VR.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s the exact same UI and framework used in mobile, with few changes to accommodate it in its new desktop layout. Check my previous replies for some examples.

3 Likes

Sorry but…Not Me?!

I am not invited to this thing,despite it comming to more users.

2 Likes

I believe they are currently rolling out a macOS version of this app:

Great to see expansion on to Mac as well! Sometimes we seem to be a little bit behind on studio bug fixes, but at least not this!

This just appeared to me today, so I think you can expect a greater rollout (I’m in the Beta program and have a Mac) and perhaps an announcement in the next week or two.

Currently, the app’s resolution appears to be very low and somewhat similar to mobile app resolution (perhaps based partially off a mobile app, also probably quite early in Beta). Scrolling speed on the main page is also far to quick and is practically unusable. Hopefully we get a thread to list these issues, assuming this is not the best place.

3 Likes

Can you send the JavaScript code that the check it out button does?

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not sure if this is possible (I just see event listeners and connections in inspect element, not javascript), nor do I think this would work as I believe my app received an update that would most likely not be triggered by running said javascript. You’ll most likely find more information and estimated release time for a full beta rollout in an announcement that I assume will be released in the next couple weeks or so.

If the rollout is to a select 1-5% of users regardless of Beta program, then good luck I guess! :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for a screenshot of the invitation banner thing. When I first saw this I thought it was so dumb when they said “Find new experiences, visit with friends, customize your avatar, and more” when that’s literally just what you do in Roblox, not making the app any more special. Also it’s not “seamless”. Like what @Noble_Draconian said, half of the pages open in Internet Explorer, basically defeating the purpose of the app.

Yeah, definitely not “seamless”.

I’ve always been thinking this desktop app was just so it would be like impossible to get cookie logged, because you’re using the app and would be logged out on Roblox site btw.

4 Likes

Good to see the app is getting a refurbishment but will the upcoming release of Windows 11 affect this? I’m not sure but unless the Microsoft Store will just be transferred from Windows 10 to 11, wouldn’t there have to be some sort of change occurring?

1 Like

Hello! Ok so I have been having some issues, spike lags and fps drops. Sometimes those spike lags freezes the game for like a second. I don’t like it at all. I am working also on a game and when I went to compare some stuff from a player that is not enrolled in the beta (doesn’t have access to the app) uses 18MB of LuaHeap, while me on the application I use 144MB. That said the games take up more memory than before using this app. Other than that the app is looking very good! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, my sister was on a Mac and somehow she was using the beta that’s only supposed to be for Windows. Why?

1 Like

I’ve used the beta test feature for a few days and have a quick review on it.

The app was overall good and well-made, the app looks familiar to mobile version of Roblox,
I like the pop-up prompt when you’re leaving pressing X or Alt + F4 due to me sometimes accidentally clicking X button. Only bad thing about it is that when the prompt pops up on your screen, your mouse pointer appears behind the prompt when it should appear in front of the prompt.

Other than that, it is overall good for me.

How do I opt in on Mac? I would like to opt in.

This is a known issue with the beta, and is being worked on. At the moment, if you wish to use VR, you will need to opt-out of the beta

1 Like

Is there any known directions to opt out from the beta? Who do I contact to make that happen exactly?

I looked through the FAQ on this post, but nothing was said. Maybe add that so people know where to opt out in case it’s ruining their experience?

Thanks.

I just got the pop-up when using the browser and I just want to say no. Just no. It feels way to grouped up and tbh the layout is horrible it looks way to much like the mobile app.

I’ll update the FAQ as well, thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

There have been a couple questions about the the Roblox App Beta for Mac! That test rolled out to 10% of users on Mac last week, I’ll make a separate DevForum post about it later today for feedback specific to the Mac beta.

1 Like