PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Currently this is an opt-in experience. The goal is to let people do more things within the app. We have no plans to eliminate the website.

9 Likes

The menu is good except of the In-game menu cause its hard when your in a pvp game and you forgot to turn on your Shift Lock. But good job!

The biggest goal for the new experience is the ability to visit other games, chat, and customize your avatar without having to leave the app. Currently, it’s not possible to do any of these things without closing or minimizing the game you’re playing.

1 Like

Hmm… That menu looks familiar.

It’s the scrapped in-game menu that was supposed to come with the new topbar!

I was wondering where this menu was nowadays, thanks for bringing it back!

Quick question, will the opt-in app be able to launch Roblox games in VR?

4 Likes

This is something that we’ve noted down in our own testing. We’re still figuring out the best experience possible.

4 Likes

We’re running a separate test of the new menu, so if you see that, it doesn’t necessarily mean you get the entirely new beta app experience.

3 Likes

this is awesome. i remember the non-beta test that was out for a little while, and i loved the app. it sure looks like roblox is getting a major step up. great job guys!

2 Likes

Yes, we have set parameters.

The Roblox desktop icon will indeed launch the new experience!

7 Likes

On the glitched state when it was released without roblox noticing, it was very laggy, but they should have improved this alot, also didn’t see anyone that got this actual beta having performance problems, it should only open this “app” when you leave the game, and close it when you get in.

Is there a specific reason that this menu took so long to be released? We saw some stuff on twitter about it like about 2 years ago, but never actually got it. We aren’t really getting any specific features with this new in game menu, but I certainly loved it when I saw it, I hate the default old one.

Finally! I never had, and most people never had it on the desktop, i’m really thrilled about this update, do you guys have a launch date for these new features already?

Don’t mean to judge here, but surely it would be more helpful for feedback to allow anyone in the Beta Program to test this out instead of a parameter-set and limited 1%?

3 Likes

Does roblox run off the gpu right now?
If not will this new app run off the gpu, because I have a really good gpu and a medium cpu.

A lot of good design suggestions here! Passing these suggestions along to the team.

Really cool idea! Passed it along to the team.

5 Likes

few questions

1. What is the point of having both a UWP app and a Windows app?

2. is anything happening to the UWP app?

3. Will this be a strictly Windows only feature or will it come to macOS soon? (if you ever get round to implementing the new pause menu on there first! :p)

Some questions, there will be tests with roblox users or it will be just with the roblox admins, and if players can enter on the tests, when you guys will open them?

It might come to mac, I don’t get “What’s the point of having both a uwp app”
The UWP app is mainly for devices that cannot run win32 programs, aka, windows 10 S.

The UWP app also was required to have that as a “feature”, it needs the website integrated with it, but also the uwp is not that mainly used and isn’t that well made.

2 Likes

There is testing with users as they said only 1% of people running Windows will get this feature;

Still dont really know how i feel about 1 % cause it just feels like people should be able to sign up.

1 Like

Would probably be better to set up an application tbh, fhen only people who want to test it will…