PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

This is a browser version of the play store app, which is hella buggy on computer, and the browser version is actually quite smooth in my opinion. (My alternate got the BETA but I didn’t :sad: )

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, the app isn’t a browser…

@Sonostrano20 more details on the bug would be helpful, so that we can try replicating/diagnosing it.

Ok So, here More Info of my PC:

My CPU: Intel Core i5-9300H
Memory (RAM): 8GB
Total Memory PC: 500GB
System: Windows 10

Bug Description
2 days ago, When I was starting roblox to enter a game, roblox started updating as it normally does.
After it has finished updating The New Roblox App opens Automatically, without having to click on any banner, So I entered the game from the app at that point, while the game is loading a window comes out with the following text:
" An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit, We're sorry!"
Automatically The App closes and brings me back to the desktop/ Bronswer (I have tested it in various games)
or if it does not crash When I enter the the FPSs go high while I play, to make it practically unplayable.
I also saw that from the active management the new roblox app has a very high memory consumption, it use more memory than chrome,
I recommend trying to see how improve the performance.

Now that i remove it, i have no longer this problem and honestly I can play any game with 10 graphics while before with 1 graphics I was lagging (With new roblox app)

I hope I was as clear as possible, let me know if you need more info!

I meant the app that launches from the browser.

is the app supposed to lack all VR functionality? there’s no way to enable it.

I don’t appreciate roblox kneecapping my main source of income.

The application is still being worked on. It’s unfinished. VR isn’t the main priority right now.

The application is launching when you go to the Roblox website?

I also want to see is there any develop pages?

I tested it out and here are a few problems:

1. Sometimes when I press a button it will open another window on my computer which I don’t want since it causes lag and just wastes my time.

2. Every time I want to play Roblox in this new beta I have to sign in and do the Gmail code (It doesn’t save even when I check “Save device for 30 days.”.), this can be fixed by saving the accounts after you first sign in like in the website.

What kind of button? And what is there in the other window?

1 Like

I assume that’s just a temporary placeholder for now.

Like for example if I wanted to go to my profile.

1 Like

There’s a button above your profile picture, and it says launch the app. I can add a screenshot if you’d like.

Okay, please add a screenshot then.

@goldzun

Bug report

The top suggested game under the game discovery page is semi-bugged.

I am pretty sure that is unintentional.

1 Like

How can I opt in on my main account? I would love to use the app to Beta test it and use it to test my games easier.

You can’t opt in, but you could follow this mini tutorial.

The tutorial

1 Like

I found a minor bug. I am playing using the app (with my little brother) I am friends with him and in the esc menu it says I’m not friends with him. Check the screenshot.

3 Likes

I’m also noticing it doesn’t have Any DisplayName Support, Hope they add that soon.

1 Like

Also, I just realized that the character counter for group shouts doesn’t update as you type. It updates and says how many characters are in your message AFTER you loose your selection on the typing box.

EDIT: I can’t copy the group shout after I send it out. I press ctrl + C and then ctrl + V and nothing happens.

1 Like