Public Domain maps that I can use

Hello developers, I am currently making a game to fund future games but I lack the skills at building or designing a map, I can’t hire people right now since I dont really have the money.

Which is why I am interested if there are free open sourced maps that I can use for my game without getting copyrighted or a DMCA takedown (if thats what its called), I’ve seen a game pull this off like Weaponry (Such as they used the Crossroads map) or Futuretops and any of those TPS shooter games.

You could use the toolbox, hire a builder for experience instead of money, or idk.

1 Like

Not only maps, but I also have a simple kit game from Cart game that I’ve been improving. If you want the Kit just tell me, It’s free.

Thats called slavery, and I think we both know thats illegal.

Use some old maps, they look good and are good for pvp and stuff

1 Like

I didn’t say force him! I think I worded that wrong. I meant ask someone on a topic like this: Free Scripter For Hire

It’s not slavery if they volunteer and it’s only a commission.

1 Like

??? It’s called work experience and/or volunterring…

Anyway,

There’s probably hundreds of free maps on the toolbox, (here’s a link). Most maps on the toolbox are either stolen from big games, like Piggy, however there is always gonna be good free maps on the toolbox. You may even find some on the devforum (more specifically here) sometimes.

Happy developing!

1 Like

Why not use one of the Studio template maps? They’re free to use. That’s what ‘Growing Up’ did, and they’re up to 360million visits now.

1 Like

Yeah, but you don’t need much to make a game like “Growing Up”. [EDIT] I mean it’s a simple idea, not trying to be rude. Mostly for fighting games or fps games that aren’t supposed to be a joke/memey are going to use a map.

I just use cross roads :man_shrugging:
Good for everyone, nostalgic kinda, very good for fighting