Publish As not working: Upload Failed

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

Whenever trying to Publish As, no matter to what place (group or not), whether it’s new, no matter what’s in the game, the following error will show:

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This happens 100% of the time and all I have to do is try to Publish As (Alt+Shift+P). It doesn’t seem this is happening to everyone when I ask.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

This happens on all places.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

The first time this happened to me was last thursday.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

I’ve reset my studio settings, tried using normal Roblox Studio instead of Roblox Studio Mod Manager, disabled all plugins, and reinstalled Studio. Nothing has fixed the issue.

DxDiag.txt (71.0 KB)

6 Likes

This has been happening to me the past few days (possibly since thursday’s patch? not sure)

The following doesn’t seem to affect it:

• Which place I upload
  • The place to which I’m uploading
  • The account I’m uploading on
  • The kind of Internet connection I’m using (wired, wifi, vpn etc)
  • Which account I’m using.

I haven’t yet tried reinstalling studio

5 Likes

I had this same issue a few weeks ago, uninstalling and reinstalling studio seemed to fix the issue

1 Like

This didn’t fix it for me. I may try again if there isn’t a response.

1 Like

Very odd that none of the other attempted fixes worked, hope you can resolve this

2 Likes

Can you please provide a bit more details on the place you’re trying to publish? Is it one of the templates or a place you’ve built? If it’s your place, can you PM it to me?

3 Likes

Neither my own places nor the template places nor the place made with Ctrl+N can publish.

1 Like

Yeah I can’t “Publish As” anything either.

Started happening this week.

1 Like

Assuming you’re on Windows, can you put %LOCALAPPDATA%\Roblox\logs into the File Explorer address bar, archive all the logs there and then PM them to me?

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue, except that I’m unable to publish a particular place file, rather than not being able to publish at all.

I can publish any other file, to any other place, except this one. If it matters, the file size is approximately 26.5 MB, and I am the only one on my development team that cannot publish it; everyone else can.

For testing, I removed a portion of the game to see if then I could publish it. When I did, it decreased the file size to 20.1 MB, and I was able to successfully publish the file. Although, this was not an ideal solution because the stuff I removed was necessary to the game itself.

I posted about my related issue here:

1 Like

I’ll PM them you when I can, I’m a bit busy right now.

1 Like

This fixed the issue for me! Be sure that access to the URL data.roblox.com is not blocked, firewalled or otherwise disabled on your system.

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Please open up a separate bug report.