Publish Place window not loading places

For a few weeks now I’ve noticed the Publish Place window sometimes fails to return search results or gets stuck in a continuous loading loop.

Today I noticed it seemed to stop loading half of my games - they weren’t visible and weren’t showing up on the search.

The next attempt (after closing & reopening window), I noticed a complete failure to load. Attached is a text file of the studio output.

The list loaded after I restarted studio completely.

Using Windows 10.
Roblox Studio Version 0.471.1.419833 (64bit)
Latest version available 0.471.1.419833

publishplacebug.txt (10.1 KB)

6 Likes

Hello. We haven’t been able to reproduce the issue. Does it still occur? Thanks!

2 Likes

This is one of those bugs that happens randomly. Happened again.

Please look into it!

1 Like

Thank you for confirming! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I had this issue yesterday as well. It’s been working today but not all of my places loads. I have to shut down Studio and try to publish a number of times before I find the correct place. Most of the time 2-3 places are missing from the window.

Having this issue currently, but I trust that this will be solved quickly.

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue.

Sometimes there will be network failures that prevent existing games from loading perhaps due to high network load. This is most likely what you are seeing.

Usually they should resolve in a couple seconds or minutes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Does this mean the problem will persist? Because I have never had this issue before.

It’s not been over an hour and I still cannot publish my place. Some of my games show up and some don’t. Publishing a game feels like a roulette now.

Edit: There seems to be some form of cache in place? If some of my games loads successfully, the publish place window will just show those and hide others no matter how many times I retry.

When I select group games tabs they load perfectly fine. This is specifically a problem with the “My Places” section.

I’ve managed to gather some output errors:

Error
Unhandled promise rejection:

builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingGames:44: Failed to load games
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingGames:44
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:28
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:31 function wpcallPacked
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:49
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:387 function _reject
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:140 function reject
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:387 function _reject
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:140 function reject
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Network.Http:50

builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:110 function new
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Promise:251 function andThen
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingGames:32
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.thunkMiddleware:10
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Store:62
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.RoactRodux-9dcb3c30-f36097a9.Packages.RoactRodux.connect:130
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Components.ScreenChooseGame:312
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Components.ScreenChooseGame:52 function init
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:282 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:334 function mountVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:88 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:292 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:334 function mountVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:88 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:282 function mountFunctionVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:332 function mountVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:292 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:370 function mountVirtualTree
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.main:100 function openPluginWindow
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.main:114
1 Like

just want to chime in that this is happening constantly in the myplaces section for me- i often have to constantly exit the studio and hope that i can load the place i need to publish… Particularly bad last 2 weeks.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a network load issue. I never had problems before the new UI was introduced a few months ago, but now this occurs every time I try to upload/publish onto a place opened locally.

Maybe it’s something with Roblox’s geo-network distribution? If it helps, I’m on a Windows 10 (Version 2004) desktop computer (plugged in via ethernet) in Birmingham (UK) on the Virgin Media Fibre Network.

Notably since the update the ordering of the games seems non-logical by default. It use to be pretty much (but not exactly) ordered by most recently created/updated, but now it presents in an unhelpful order as my recent building test places are never top.

Here is a video of the problem which may help further:

Observe that the search seems to return briefly, then go back to searching several times, before giving an error message. When retry is attempted a few more of these loops happened before having duplicated search results.

(Another bug bear of the new system, is if you scroll down and it has to load more places - it jumps back to the top of the search instead of continuing to show my results from where I left off which is why scrolling to find is not really a workaround)

2 Likes

Thank you, this video more clearly shows what we’re experiencing. Something has clearly been broken for over a month

Thanks for the followup everyone. We’ll look into this issue more.

1 Like

Any updates on the issue I’m having setbacks because of this bug as I can’t update my game using a local place file

Hi Ruizu, are you still experiencing this issue? The bug we’re aware only creates issues when the request for list of places fails which can happen occasionally. Trying again a few minutes later and/or restarting Studio should resolve this in most cases. There should be no issues under normal circumstances.

Hello, I’ve recently been trying to publish my studio work as this issue has not persisted until just recently. (approx. 30 minutes ago) I’ve been afraid to get out of studio at the moment as I made a lot of progress in 1 setting, are there any alternatives I could do? I’ve saved the game to a file for now but I rather publish.

Hey everyone, we saw this has had some attention. Is the issue still happening? We were unable to repro.

I can’t recall noticing this issue in 2023 o: