"Publish to Roblox As" breaks after first use

Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-19 00:02:00 (-05:00)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open Roblox Studio
  2. Select File > Publish to Roblox As
  3. Publish to a game
  4. Wait for it to finish
  5. Select File > Publish to Roblox As (again)
  6. Select a game to publish to

At this point, you should be presented with a white screen in the publish modal and an error in the output window. This happens with 100% consistency for me.

Expected Behavior:
“Publish to Roblox As” should be able to publish to different places during the same Studio session. This is not a common use case for most developers, but it would be for me if I did not use a custom deploy script.

Actual Behavior:
A white screen and error appear when trying to publish to the second place.

Workaround:
Restarting Studio.

10 Likes

Thanks for reporting. We’re looking into this.

6 Likes

Hello,

I started looking into this problem and I haven’t been able to reproduce it. Can you please confirm if you are still seeing this problem with Studio?

If you are, I could use a few more bits of info.

1. When you see this problem, was the place you are trying to publish from a template, a .rbxl file, or a game saved in the cloud?
  2. When you go through the “publish as” screen each time, are you choosing to publish as a new game, overwrite an existing place, or make a new place in an existing game?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I know engineers are already on this, but im fairly sure the Publish to Roblox prompt is a Lua builtin, meaning if it breaks, an error will get thrown to the output.

That could be helpful here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am still able to reproduce the issue with 100% consistency

1. The publish is always using a local .rbxl file
  2. I am choosing to overwrite an existing place
2 Likes

I attached the error log as a private message

3 Likes

Ahh yea, that works aswell lol

2 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.