Publishing with Package(s) Issue

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to publish with packages. I created a package inside my group game; publishing the package for a higher level group and now Roblox Studio won’t even let me publish the game with the package belonging to that group.

It is impossible to work in Studio and publish updates when so many packages are published this way, even a package under the same group is giving me a problem.

Enable Developers alliances with groups so packages don’t block publishing.

Or have some request sent to the group from the group publishing to allow publishable updates.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because right now this is game and revenue breaking in a sense that no updates can be made if a package belongs to another group, even if working together.

Cherry on top, I own both of the groups the packages belong to.

Sincerely,
Simbuilder

1 Like

As admin of both groups, I need permission to change what group(s) the package(s) belongs to.

It’d be great if both groups needed to sign off on a package to have it be updatable across universes/places/models.

1 Like

We have been working on overhauling packages and removing the publish place blocking dialog you are referencing here. It will be in closed Beta for a couple weeks before being released at approximately the end of the month (this was announced at RDC in the Studio track and referenced by the keynotes of both Dave and Dan).

4 Likes