Purchased gamepass in transactions doesnt show the correct amount of robux im supposed to get

Reproduction:

Im not sure if i can really test this but maybe you can test it by having a alternate account buy a gamepass and checking your transactions

Expected behavior:

The gamepass should give me the said amount when changing the price.

This amount incase your confused.

Actual Behavior:

It gives me less then the specified amount (On this gamepass it said it would give 117 but i got only 100)

Issue area: Roblox Website
Impact: Very high
Gamepass Link: Donation - Roblox
Frequency: Unkown
Date Experienced: 9/9/2022

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Fantastic response time, Do you reckon you can do later?

Hi, so this is actually expected behavior. There’s a 10% affiliate fee for every in game purchase that goes to the experience owner; typically passes get sold in experiences where the pass creator and experience creator are the same, so that 10% fee goes to the same person. However, since this was sold in pls donate, that 10% fee went to the creator of pls donate.

I’ll look into finding a way to better highlight this behavior; it’s pretty fringe behavior IMO and is very unintuitive to everyone (myself included)

2 Likes

This sounds good. Most users I come across don’t even have any idea how much of a % is taken by the game and Roblox itself, so outlining it would help. Possibly even on the in-game purchase prompt, a list of where each % of the funds will go or something like ‘The recipient will receive X Robux from this purchase’.

1 Like