Push Notifications

Would be quite handy to get notifications when we get a new private message, trade, group shout, etc. via the mobile app. Though should be configurable in settings.

This would make a good project for anyone who has enough knowledge of streaming for new content and app development.

This is something we’ve discussed and everyone seems on bored with - however, we want to make sure we design an intelligent system and don’t just create a way to spam our users. Push notifications won’t come out this quarter, but it may be something we tackle this year.

How long is a quarter? Sorry I don’t know how long this means and a push notification system would be nice

How long is a quarter? Sorry I don’t know how long this means and a push notification system would be nice[/quote]

A quarter is three months.

How long is a quarter? Sorry I don’t know how long this means and a push notification system would be nice[/quote]

Quarter = 1/4

1/4 of 1 year = 1/4 of 12

1/4 of 12 = 12/4

12/4 = 3

3 months

(i probably made that more complicated than it should be).

The term quarter is usually used in hardware manufacturing (usually expressed as Q1,Q2,Q3 or Q4) to give a rough estimation of when a new product will be released and it is also more specific for product versions than using years. I guess you can use it to see how progression is going for products and how they are evolving over the quarters, without using years which are too vague or months which aren’t vague enough.

Intel uses quarters for release dates and for “mark points” for estimated future CPU releases.