Push The Ball Development History

PUSH THE BALL DEVELOPMENT HISTORY

Push The Ball Has been in development on and off for 6 YEARS!

Development Status: Beta

Push The Ball (Old Version): February 6th, 2018 - September 24th, 2020
Alpha: December 7th, 2021 - April 21st 2024
Beta: April 23rd, 2021 - Now
Demo: Coming Soon
Released:

Push The Ball originally started as a game where the player character had to push a ball into a hole, and then climb onto the ball in order to reach a star to progress to the next level, hince the title of the game. As time passed, and my overall development skills improved, I compared this game to some of my more recent projects such as Toon Villain and Killemony and though to myself…
“This game needs to be reworked”
I borrowed code from Killemony to turn Push The Ball into a perspective game. But instead of a shooting game, I rebirthed this game into a clicking experience, with the most minimal of controls. Development on the other hand wasn’t as easy to me as it appears when you play it. I’ve learned a lot overall from developing this game.

February 6th, 2018

December 7th, 2021
I changed Push The Ball from a minimalistic Roblox experience to a “Point and Click” game. Many scripts from this version of the game were heavily borrowed from Killemony and revised to fit the setting of game.
This time, frustrated with the scripts for the player ball mechanics, I gave up, and Push The Ball was cancelled AGAIN.

March 14th, 2024
I had worked on Killemony for nearly 3 years at this point and grew tired of it, so I took a break from it. I revisited development on Toon Villain after some new ideas came to mind, but then the ideas dried up and I grew tired. I also took a break from Toon Villain after 6 months.
Needless to say, development on both Killemony and Toon Villain were very strenuous at the time, and I was desperate to fall back on a simpler game that could also produce much needed revenue for all the lost time and effort.

I snooped through the place file of Push The Ball and decided this game could be given new life once more. A lot of new things were added to the Roblox API since I last worked on this game, and it helped me tremendously.

March 2024
I was off to a blazing pace with revising old scripts with new knowledge. The controls were changed. Nuggets were added to

April 2024
Datastores were finished for the at-then ideas, but disabled for the time being as there were plenty of other bugs in the game.
Power-ups were added in the form of sports balls. I figured without these power ups, the game would be pretty lackluster and boring.

THIS BOARD IS NOT FINISHED. I WILL ADD AND REVISE AT A LATER DATE

1 Like