Put the themes directory in the computer's filesystem

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to customize the appearance of Studio.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would allow me to customize Studio’s interface to my preference.

A possible way to achieve greater customizability of the appearance of Studio would be to automatically create and use a themes folder somewhere on the computer’s filesystem. Making a shortcut to it located in Studio’s settings could make it easily accessible to the user.

The user could then, using an editor of their choice, edit the theme .json files or create their own.

Creating a new theme could be as easy as duplicating one of the existing theme .json files (or creating one from scratch and properly formatting it), renaming it, and editing it. Any additional theme .json files created/inserted by the user into the themes folder will result in a new entry in the themes dropdown in Studio’s settings.

If the themes directory is missing from the computer, it could just fall back to using the internal themes directory.

This is just how I would potentially implement it, there could be a better way.

16 Likes