QClash is broken after 439 release

First started getting reports around July 9th, at around 5PM. The game has not updated in about two weeks.

I do not know much about what has changed, but suddenly all players and servers receive this error:

ProjectileModel is a rather small file:

local props = script:FindFirstChild("Template")

local ProjectileModels = {}

local list = {}
for _, object in pairs(props:GetChildren()) do
	list[object.Name] = object
end

function ProjectileModels:Get(id)
	return list[id]:Clone() --<-- line 11
end

return ProjectileModels

I cannot get this to reproduce in studio locally, yet its happening in most if not all servers, including VIP servers.

One thing that may be important to note is that Template is parented to the module script before requiring when the server and client first start up. It sounds like somehow that is no longer the case in new servers?

Essentially what happens is that the server will loop through a folder in ServerStorage, and parent child folders to a ModuleScript of the same name.

For example:
ServerStorage’s ProjectileModels will become a child of ServerScriptService’s ProjectileModels before the Replicated folder is synced to clients.

Sorry I dont have much more information. Hopefully Roblox staff who are more familiar in what has changed in the last day would have an idea.

1 Like

Instead of just using GetChildren() to access the props you should be using ChildAdded to catch instances which are added later on as well. Not sure if that’s the problem here though.
If Template wasn’t there when the Module ran it would already error in the GetChildren line.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, but all Templates are guaranteed to be cloned and properly parented on the server before theyre replicated to clients. (at least up until 5PM yesterday that is)

1 Like

Which time zone is “5 PM” in? This would help us narrow this down.

The time observed was 5 PM Pacific Time.

2 Likes

Hi GollyGreg,

We have looked into this issue and have resolved it.

2 Likes

Thank you all for looking into this!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.