Quest System [V1]

Quest Module [V1.5]

Description

Once upon a time… Back went Talent Hub was released. I was trying to do a ton of commissions, and a developer wanted me to make a quest module for 2K :robux_gold: : (i think) As soon as I finished it though, he had decided that he would make his own. Now that I’m a dev forum member I thought I would put it here as a resource. I hope you enjoy.

API
 QuestModule.FindPart(player,PartToTouch,Reward,{Title,Text,Icon})
--Creates a quest that will trigger when the player's character touches a specific part.

--Note: PartToTouch must be a BasePart.
 QuestModule.MonitorCurrency(player,AmountToReach,Reward,{Title,Text,Icon})
-- Creates a quest that will trigger when the players Currency reaches a desired goal.
QuestModule.MonitorFriends(player,Reward,{Title,Text,Icon})
-- Creates a quest that will trigger when one of the player's friends join.
QuestModule.WatchDeaths(player,TableOfCharacters,AmountOfDeathsNeeded,Reward,{Title,Text,Icon})
-- Creates a quest that will trigger only when specific amount of characters were killed.
Code Sample
--Example:
local QuestModule = require(script.QuestModule)
local notificationInfo = {"You are epic!","You found Mr. Epic face!","http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=64384292"}
local player = game.Players:FindFirstChild("Escape_Everything")

QuestModule.FindPart(player,game.Workspace.EpicNPC.PrimaryPart,500,notificationInfo )
Template/Model

I hope you guys can find lots of good uses and applications for this.

Sincerely, Escape_Everything🐧

Did you find this useful?

• Yes :white_check_mark:
  • Not Really :expressionless:
  • Nope :wastebasket:

0 voters

Please leave any suggestions or comments below.

44 Likes

I love it! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Very nice tutorial. I believe beginners will find it useful.

2 Likes

I’m assuming that as long as you keep the directory the same then you can customize the GUI?

Also, I haven’t tried it yet but it seems very useful! Thanks!

2 Likes

It should be fairly customizable. The script might need to be adjusted if you change the names of stuff, but that should be fairly simple for most people.

4 Likes

I Love how it shows you a notification after you actually completed a quest! How do you make a quest where you have to kill certain amount of other players though?

4 Likes

I absolutely love it! it’s simple to use and it’s very customizable. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Your suggestion has been added. :sunglasses::penguin:

1 Like

Thanks dude :slight_smile: I Appreciate it!

2 Likes

looks great! Just wondering if Quest.WhateverFunction has to be called from a Server Script?

1 Like

this looks very good thanks for sharing

2 Likes

This is basically the greatest thing known to man. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Hey, don’t know if this already exists, but could you add a feature where if you complete one quest, it unlocks another?