Question about creating my own chat filter

As of right now, Roblox’s current chat filter is very sensitive and not very accurate, for this reason, I believe I could do better. I want to create on my own chat system with my own chat filter, that can accurately filter inappropriate language and not filter out appropriate language.

The only issue is that Roblox requires you to filter anything that the player can type that everyone else can view using the built in Roblox function or else your game would be taken down. This wouldn’t be a problem figuring how I simply just filter players’ messages and send the filtered text through Roblox’s filter, except for the chance that if a player types “Hi” and my filter gives it the ‘ok’ and then Roblox’s filter decided that “Hi” is a bad word, the purpose of my filter is defeated. Therefore, assuming my filter works, no one would be able to cuss for everyone to view, so would I still get banned?

Yes, it’d still be a circumvention of the Roblox filtering API, so your experience will likely undergo moderation automatically if not an instant account moderation.

1 Like