Question about datastore deletion

Let’s say I have a game then place within that game. The place within the game has data stored like “stage”. The main game before the place is the menu that then teleports you into the game, I wanted to add a feature that wipes your data. Even though the datastore scripts and things are in the place within the game would it still work since its technically the one game?

Yes, DataStores and scripts only work in one local place, im 99% sure.

EDIT: DataStores are only meant to keep the players Data when the leave and come back. It is not intended to transfer the saved data between places.

Data stores work across places within the same universe. As long as all the places are under one game, they can all access the data stores.

Like @Remix_DaMasta said, you should not use it to transfer data between places, you could use something like teleport data or MemoryStoreService (I think?)

As for deleting save data (from the store itself), you can use GlobalDataStore:RemoveAsync().

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.