Question About exploiters

So I am confused on how hackers infact do server sided things like, i joined an arsenal server and someone added loads of things trying to crash the server but how did they do it on the server because I’m trying to make an anti-exploit for that.

1 Like

They inject things into scripts and play very loud music

2 Likes

But exploits work client sided how were they able to access the server.

1 Like

Well, you can have a script detect if any instances are added to the CoreGui, and also detect if a certain number of instances are added in a certain amount of time

1 Like

Likely they have remote events and functions that don’t have sanity checks.

1 Like

My game is like minecraft it auto generates a random amount and constantly creates more as you move around

1 Like

No. They cannot access the server, but they can take over remotes to cause that.

1 Like

But how did they play music I don’t think arsenal has a thing that lets people make music or create thousands of parts.

2 Likes

Alright. Then name all of the “blocks” something like “Block” then detect if anything other than Blocks is inserted into the Workspace

1 Like

I like the idea but they can just name their part Block

1 Like

Arsenal has a Music function as an emote. There is likely a remote for that

1 Like

What about creating loads of parts?

2 Likes

Okay, then also detect if any children are added to the CoreGui

1 Like

Workspace is able to be accessed by the client. Roblox has their own built in remotes that have to be present.

1 Like

Ah i see so they accessed those remotes?

1 Like

Yes. Without those roblox made remotes, no game will ever work. The remotes are what make every player see the workspace.

Like I said before, you can detect if any GUI is inserted into CoreGui, so that exploiters cannot open up their Hacking Panel if it is in the CoreGui

1 Like

I have a new idea, check the parts size and color and position
(I can check if it would be possible for each children to be where they are with my auto generate terrain function)

1 Like

That is also a very liable solution.

1 Like

Sound specifically is replicated from the client to the server by default. Turn on SoundService.RespectFilteringEnabled to disable replication of sounds.

EDIT: Also, there is no way for someone to do server-sided things unless you let them, either by creating remotes that they can call, or installing bad plugins/free models in your game. Again, without help from you, there is no way for exploiters to access your servers.

EDIT2: Except for character replication and sound replication. But that’s ROBLOX’s fault :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! I will mark yours as the solution because you have helped me lots, have a good day :smiley:

2 Likes