Question about Particle Systems

That’s amazing! Can’t wait for it!

10 Likes

Yes, animating particles are so good!

7 Likes

Ah yes, more additions to confuse me about Roblox Developing.

12 Likes

you ever heard off unity’s particle system

25 Likes

literally everyone: yes, PLEASE!!!

5 Likes

Hey @JaapSuter! Thank you for your hard work, it’s greatly appreciated.
A question, if you don’t mind - would it be possible for beams to blend into background better, just like how ParticleEmitters currently do? To clarify, I’m referring to this (had to dig a while to find this post :sweat_smile:)

PS: are those sprites I see? :eyes:

8 Likes

Ah, a soft-particle equivalent for beam. I’ve added it to my list of things to investigate. I really need to get Z-offset fixed asap first, but I’ll take a look and get back to you.

12 Likes

Absolutely fantastic news!! Even if it doesn’t get added, I appreciate you looking into it. I can’t like a post more than once, so I can only express how I feel with words now :coefficients:

3 Likes

Like literally a few hours ago thought about a cool idea for my game but then realized I can’t do it with particles so I shelved it.

This solves just that, would love it if this was a feature :raised_hand: :weary: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Finally, Roblox is catching up to Unity’s particle system!

Jokes aside, this is just great, 11/10 feature, I want this right now!

4 Likes

YES, YES. PLEASE YES. ABSOLUTELY YES.

if this ends up getting released, you’ll absolutely be santa in my eyes.

I’m working on a game that’ll rely quite alot on emergent particle tech on Roblox, and this’ll ultimately add to my arsenal of tools!

5 Likes

This is the true game changer right here, closer and closer to Ue4 and Unity style effects with each of these updates!

7 Likes

NO WAYYYY NO WAYYYY Thank you so much! Damn!

3 Likes

I hope christmas is coming early :eyes:

4 Likes

This would be an amazing addition! Thank you and hopefully soon.

3 Likes

THIS IS AMAZING!! Is there any information about 3D particles…? :eyes: :eyes: I’d love to see this atleast on the 2022 roadmap!

6 Likes

This kinda reminds me of unity’s partice system. :thinking: Anyways, nice job!

2 Likes

I cant describe how happy I am, as a particle maker. I have been waiting for this for so long, HOLY SH** ITS HERE OMGOGMOMMOMGOGMGOM

2 Likes

:smiley:

Happy to hear improvements! :+1:
Thank you!

2 Likes

Does this mean you can make EPIC looking tornados with particle systems now? (Like in blender with smoke simulations) Or are we not at that stage yet?

None the less very nice cant wait for it even though i havent learned how to use particles myself.

3 Likes