Question about Particle Systems

Does this mean you can make EPIC looking tornados with particle systems now? (Like in blender with smoke simulations) Or are we not at that stage yet?

None the less very nice cant wait for it even though i havent learned how to use particles myself.

3 Likes

Amazing

Any plans for compatibility with ImageLabels and Decals/Texture instances as well?

4 Likes

Will there be any huge performance issues by using this feature excessively if it’s rolled out?

1 Like

Is this a custom particle maker in Studio? Because if so I’m very happy because I was waiting for something like that.

1 Like

I also hope that they do add this for decals.

1 Like

holy CRAP!!

that’s going to change roblox games for the better, for sure

1 Like

Looks awesome! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

I’m happy to report that I just merged the Flipbook code into the mainline. It still needs to be tested, and then flag-flipped. But we’re one big step closer to getting this in everybody’s hands in time for Christmas.

9 Likes

Does this means we are going to get a better particle system?

1 Like

All of these updates are resulting in a better particle system…gradually…

2 Likes

Do my eyes deceive me? A ROBLOX staff member posting in #development-discussion?! It’s almost unheard of! :joy:

Animated particles will help a LOT of people, and I for one am excited for this update!

2 Likes

And the funny thing is that if a normal user posted the same topic, it would’ve been taken down for being off-topic.

6 Likes

You are probably right on that one

3 Likes

Well, I’m terribly sorry everybody.

My Flipbook changes inadvertedly were the cause of this rather embarrasing and serious bug: Particles, beams, and trails all disappearing, not disappearing when supposed to, and causing performance issues - #40 by JaapSuter

Fixing this first is more important than releasing Flipbooks, but it has the unfortunate consequence that I won’t be able to enable Flipbooks until the new year.

I’m terribly sorry everybody. I know people are as excited about this feature as I am, but stability of the existing product is more important (especially around the holidays), and that means Flipbooks has to wait until after Christmas before you’ll be abe to use it.

My fault. I’ll keep everybody posted.

28 Likes

All good. I love what you’re doing. I need this. We all need this. You’re literally carrying Christmas on your back. If you need a further pep talk, memes for motivation or a voucher for McNuggets, I got you.

Best wishes for the holidays.

4 Likes

God im so excited for this! i’ve set aside all the paarticles that are gonnaa need this for when the update rolls out xD

2 Likes

This is all I need after years

1 Like

Hey! Is there any rough date in mind as to when flipbooks will go live, or into public beta?

1 Like

Is the flipbook finally this??

Dude, I’ve had this in my head for like 2 years now. :joy:

1 Like

Excited for this, any news on when it might be enabled?

1 Like