Question about procedural animations

I wonder if there is a easier way to move/rotate Player limbs in respect with the bone restrictions, then writing complex IK solvers? For example an arm reaches out and presses a button…

1 Like

Nobody? :frowning:

1 Like

I’m not an procedural animations expert but you should take a look into CFrame:Inverse() it might have what your looking for since i heard that it involves IK.

For the animations you just need to make an animation and then make the character play it.

To detect when the arm touches a button, there’s many ways to do it you can use
the .Touched Event, Raycasting and Region3.

Hope I helped you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not sure what you want here, it only seems like you want to know if this is possible? If not, please add more detail to your post.

Otherwise, yes, this is possible. I have previously done this for foot planting.

Yes I want ti know if its possible without complex IK solver writing, and if it IS, then I would like to know how :slight_smile:

Speak with me please :smiley:

I still don’t completely understand what you want, esp. with “complex IK solver writing”. If you want to procedurally animate a rig with IK, then it is unfortunately going to involve the maths behind IK. Luckily for you, many people have already done this on roblox e.g. here.

1 Like

Ok will try to dive into examples