Question about transferring game objects in teleport?

Does anyone know a possible/efficient way of copying objects in your game and transferring it to another you’re using in teleportservice? An example of what I am trying to attempt is like one of those dungeon games, you have your items, remotes, most of the things are similar other than the map. I know I could copy one by one but that would be time consuming. Appreciate any help.

If you’re referring to transfering the player to another game entirely, that is not possible. However, if you meant teleporting the player to another place inside of the same game, then yes, that is possible. TeleportService is probably not the most efficient and definitely not the most secure if you’re transferring player data to another place (referring to TeleportData parameters here, they’re given to the server by the client and therefore modifiable by an exploiter). I’d recommend using DataStores if a place needs to access player data, as they are per game, not per place. Any place inside of a game can access the same datastore. DataStore2 is also an option, however I’m not sure if it works on a per game or per place basis like regular DataStores, test before using it if you decide to use it. In terms of the remotes and other static objects that you can find in Explorer, you could group them and save them to a file (right click > Save to File…), then in the other place, right click in Explorer somewhere and select Insert from File…. You can then ungroup them and put them where they need to be.

1 Like