Question For New Video Feature

As you may have been noticed, Roblox is soon adding videos and inserting them in-game on Roblox. I have been making a game using that video feature (it did not come out yet) and making that as the main part of the game.

My question: Will the new video feature be treated as a decal?

The reason I have this question in my mind for a week or so since I want to shape out the video and making it into a specific shape, using bricks to shrink the video. If you do not understand what I am saying, here is a picture of a decal being shaped out by a brick, letting the shape transform into whatever I want.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 6.05.31 PM

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 6.05.38 PM|384x409

How do you do this trick, you may ask? Steps:
1. Set Decal brick to FULLY transparent
2. Set the brick that you want to make the decal transparent as 0.999 transparency.
3. Make the brick that you want to make the decal transparent as GLASS. It won’t work on any other material.

I was thinking if this rule applies to the video, so I want to ask the community out.
Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’d be a GUI element, which you could put on a part as well with a SurfaceGui/BillboardGui. The glass glitch works with SurfaceGUIs, so i think it’ll work.

2 Likes

Surface GUI does work with the trick. Thank you for the helpful response! Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 7.25.13 PM

1 Like