[QUESTION] Is it possible to create low-poly builds in Studio?

I think my question is pretty clear.

I am really curious if this would be possible, since I am very experienced with the Studio and never really used Blender. So would it be possible to create low-poly, probably with smooth plastic, as good as this:

Bild

3 Likes

some people say yes and some people say not but if you wanna build a low poly building a lot of people say use studio by using part and texture “smooth plastic” but if you wanna make a tree or land that you want it a lot of people say use blender because blender are easy to make a custom shape and put it in Roblox . but one thing i wanna tell you, folow what do you wanna use if you want build a building… use studio but if you want to make a custom shape… use blender. that all i can tell but you can choose each one of them. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

As the person above said, you can place parts and make the material “SmoothPlastic”, however, you need blender for low poly stuff such as the trees, mountains, rocks, etc.

It is certainly possible, but Blender makes the job a whole lot easier. Something that could take half an hour in Studio takes only a few seconds in Blender. The mountains in the first picture is a good example of that.

On top of that, “Low poly” might require a lot of unions and complex geometry. Performance would be better if you used a mesh (Make it in Blender) than crafting shapes out of parts and unions.

Hi,
Blender is such a help for me knowing my main art style is poly.
It is very easy on blender to make: Terrain, three infrastructure and small details that studio can do for you.

There are many features that Roblox studio doesn’t have. like polygon build tools which can build low-poly builds a lot easier.

Yes, It is definetly possible. Some may need plugins and some don’t. What you have showed above is possible to be made in studio.

Well yes it’s possible, the difference would be in studio it will take a lot of part and time whereas in blender it wont take much time if you are not using custom textures

Hmmm, it is, it will take up a lot of time ( more then blender ) and it will not look as good, maybe if you want to build low poly get into blender, because low poly out of blender can look rly rly good, I can show u an example that I made, you will not be able to make this in studio :

If you don’t believe me that this is Roblox click the link below and check the game out.
Game Link

Thank you all for your constructive answers! I think I will just try out using blender, but will also experiment around in Studio!