Question on what i'm allowed to post and alternatives to Roblox

If I say… hypothetically… discovered a platform similar to Roblox (but one that solved most of its problems) could I post a link to said platform without getting banned or deleted?

I get that it could really hurt the business you’re trying to create here, but that’s not my intent. I want to do this for the developers that are “trapped” on a platform with some serous issues that are just not getting resolved.

This also could be good for Roblox because it may force you guys to get your act together and fix things like this, and that whole thing when we got a 10% cut of our own content’s profits (which was admittedly changed, but only because of COVID-19). It feels like (at least to me) all we get is a shrug and a “sorry?” from the Roblox staff when these things happen. And then you try to clarify some things and end up not clarifying anything (according to some polls I saw as response to the link above).

I get why you wouldn’t want me to publish the “better alternative” to Roblox from a business standpoint, but also I feel developers deserve to know that there is an alternative if they think it would work out better for them.

You can post offsite stuff as long as the content on the site isn’t inappropriate.

However you can’t just make a topic or reply on a random thread advertising this “Roblox alternative”, since there is no correct place for such topic.

There is #lounge:off-topic and #lounge:roblox-discussion however they are only accessible to regulars.

2 Likes

Would “Resources” be a good place to put this if I don’t try to advertise it and don’t have access to those links?

#resources is for substantial resources useful for Roblox development. I would say that by advertising that site, you are driving people away from Roblox which doesn’t look like the goal of the category.

2 Likes

Perhaps I could turn it into a post on my opinions of Roblox under “platform feedback” and then mention the alternative once or twice?

You could suggest improvements for Roblox instead, sure. And mention what you like about that other website, and add some strong use cases for those features.

1 Like

This forum is for Roblox development. Things that aren’t about developing on Roblox go in Lounge, which you don’t have access to as a Member.

3 Likes