Question regarding MessagingService limitation replied

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    A cross matchmaking service without limitation issues

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    This is not a current issue but i know it will be in the future if I don’t fix it

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    There is no solution this is a question

What happens if i publishasync but the topic received has passed its limit. Does it give an error to the script which ran publishasync or does it do nothing. I need to know for my throttling script.

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

1 Like

As long as you don’t spam MessagingService requests, you should B fine. Roblox gives you 100 + (50 * amount of running servers).

If you end up exceeding datastores limits, it will not cause an error, but a warning. This means that your script will not break entirely. Instead, your data will be put into and queue and be at risk of never saving at all. You want to avoid throttling at all costs.

This is about mesaaggingservice and the limit is 10 + (20 * Servers) per topic recived/60s. And there is no queue as I tested last time.

I was referring to the game total.

Wait does messagingservice have a queue. Last time it said Limit Hit not exactly that but something like that.

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure the messaging request will just fail if you are over the limit.

Yeah thats what i thought. But does it give a error when the server receiving the request send back a error . i need to know for my throttling system. And its a matchmaking service if i made a cooldown for players to queue up. They would be mad. Thats why i decided to throttle.

I believe it will return a warning, not an error.