Question regarding suicide in games

I’m working on a zombie game and I added a way for players to oof their character since reset is disabled, initially I had an animation for shooting yourself in the head but someone reminded me that this is ROBLOX and I could possibly get banned. I did some changes and ended up with this:

https://gyazo.com/aeea66330570bfde6830f66c3abd2649

• This is fine
  • No, replace it with…
  • Other

0 voters

There is no animation for this by the way, other players won’t witness anything except for the gunshot and gore (if they enable the setting)

1 Like

no u dont add that to ur game. This is probaly against roblox tos (not sure).

2 Likes

I think the way you made it would fully be against TOS since it isn’t graphic but I wouldn’t risk it. I would replace it with a zombie that comes out of the ground from under you and pulls you in.

Kind of like this:

7 Likes

yh its better to do that rather than adding suicide to ur game

2 Likes

You don’t have to add suicide, Roblox has already covered this for you!

Insert the reset button image

Did you see what he said, His reset button is disabled in game?

Also, Suicide is (kind of) allowed in games. for example, Games as graphic as breaking point and spin the bottle have been up for a while and haven’t been banned. But, To be safe add an animation that dosent depict suicide (Just falling on the floor, submerged in the ground, ragdolling, ghost going into the sky e.g.)

Why would he disable it if he needs suicide?

Maybe he dosen’t want people to reset (If its a story game, Maybe some sort of obby?) I’ve seen many games that disable the reset button.

He possibly did it for not losing progress, or if its a battle game then you don’t want people resetting mid-game.

This is probably fine…

1 Like

The reset button is pretty immersion-breaking. In-universe solutions like suicide serve games like this one better.

1 Like

You know what else is immersion breaking? Dyeing and then respawning. Put the reset button back. (I hate when games do that)

Inevitably some script breaks and the player can’t reset, leave and rejoin is super immersion breaking.

Accidental resets and overall unrealistic to reset in a realistic rp game with permadeath aspects.

Funny thing is, the original used to be more graphic while this is censored.

Gore warning

https://gyazo.com/2f24720ed044aacfdabf435dc74e7115

2 Likes

I believe people don’t enter games with the expectation that if they die, they can’t play the game anymore. It’s immersion-breaking to have to pull yourself from the game to restart.

Higher-quality games (ones that you might expect to implement custom reset behavior) should rarely have game-breaking bugs like you describe. This is not to mention that resetting often breaks scripts further, because references to the old character become nil.

2 Likes

I strongly suggest you do NOT add this to your Roblox game. This is because Roblox TOS says that they wouldn’t allow this, and you would likely end up being terminated.

1 Like