Question with my game I'm making

I’m just curious about this. I’m making a Rng game is ‘Games RNG’. A Random Number Generator Game where you try and get the most popular games on Roblox by rolling a dice! They each have their own value and you can sell them on the marketplace (In the game) and earn cash to buy other games to show off to your friends. The top 10 most popular games will have special effects. Most games will have a corresponding effects depending on how rare it is! You can also trade your games to others to try get better games to earn, sell and show to people.

But I have a slight problem. For example for the rarity common, games with a minimum of 10k visits and a maximum of 20k visits all games will be set in that category. Would that work? Or do we need to put games manually? And we are thinking about the game being copyrighted due to using the game icons for the popular games. Could we do that or not? I an questioning about this all the time and I don’t know what to do about it.

7 Likes

Would the game just ignore games under 10k visits? I was thinking it could be tweaked a little to make Common 0 visits to 5-10k visits.

4 Likes

But how about for the popular games that are a higher rarity? Would that be an issue if our game blows up?

4 Likes

Also i didnt want it to start at 0 visits due to players getting such random games and they might get bored abd leave the game.

3 Likes

It’ll probably be a little difficult for higher rarities, especially since

I’d suggest starting with something similar to hazem’s player rng, where there’s different values that are used to know the rarity of something, and add certain thresholds for rarities where players are given special effects.
This would have the downside of not being able to have “1 in (x)” but I don’t think that’d be possible to begin with.

3 Likes

Yeah, i was thinking about doing something similar to that beforehand, but it has already been made on another game thats similar to ours. Thanks for the info :+1: I’ll take that into consideration.

3 Likes

First you won’t get copyright striked for using peoples icons you’re essentially advertising them. Secondly you will have to manually put games but thats not as hard its just gonna take some time, there are so many games on Roblox that especially fall in the 10k-20k visit category. Setting up an algorithm to get these games would definitely be alot more work Im for sure.

3 Likes

Getting random games could actually be interesting since this game could be used to find new games to play. You have an actual interesting idea but I don’t think you know what is fun or not for the average player (especially since you’re making a RNG game).

3 Likes

Yeah for sure! It benfits both our game and the game the player found. Its helps boths games gain popularity. It would be interesing to find new games across the discovery page. But again, it would be a lot of work. Thanks for that!

3 Likes

And popular too, such as bedwars, royale high etc.

2 Likes

Uhh, not really. Sure, it might help other games gain popularity, but I think you’ll find that it won’t benefit yours because as soon as a player hits the join button on another game, their session in your game ends. This will bring down your average playtime by quite a significant amount → less home recommendations.

The only upside of this (for your game) I can think of is the fact that players could keep coming back to use your game as a way to discover new games, but even in this case, your average playtime would suffer as these players could potentially only play for the time it takes them to “roll” one single game, which is likely only going to be a matter of seconds.

Also, about the copyright thing, I doubt it would be a problem in the first place but you could also add a notice to the bottom of the description stating that experience owners can contact you to have their game removed from yours.

5 Likes

Also – players might not come back, considering there’s games designed for this such as Super Place Roulette

2 Likes

Your right tbf. So what could I do to prevent this from happening?

1 Like

My game would get me past common! (Assuming the 10-20k visits threshold)

Best of luck on your game! Someone suggested you make it use different factors like Player RNG, and if possible, some ideas could be favorites and stuff. Make it right and I have no doubts that this game would be great! A better one of the RNG games as it kinda promotes them which is super cool.

1 Like

Thanks for that! There is more rarities too that depend on the visits but we could do it like hazems game did. Again, thanks for the comment.

2 Likes