Questions about roblox-vng

i have questions about the new app called roblox-vng
this morning i opened roblox and it shows this window:

im a vietnam roblox player and i mostly play on pc, and i dont want to switch because the rules are harsh

1. in case if roblox unsupports roblox-vng in the future, will the users in the vng version get their account deleted? (like luobu?)

2. what happens if i dont switch? (d0 i lose my account?)

3. will roblox studio be availiable on vng?

4. is there a way to “unhybrid” my account after i switch to vng?

i have done a lot of research about roblox-vng and it doesnt include those answers to these questions above.
i make games, and grew my account so i dont want my work to be flush down the toilet
i hope administrators reach out to me soon
thank you!

1 Like

For the most accurate answers, you should email VNG about your inquiries. The forum is mostly devs helping devs, and the admins rarely reply outside the bug reports/announcements section. Regardless, here’s my take, but don’t take my words seriously.

1. It really depends on Roblox, but I think they will provide us with some ways to help and reintegrate our account back to the global version.
  2. No. My account is still standing strong, and I highly discourage any Vietnamese player from transferring to Roblox VNG. Downloading a VPN solves this problem unless you use the mobile app.
  3. Why should it be? The main reason why Roblox is being re-published in Vietnam is for VNG to act as our payment gateway. Roblox Studio doesn’t have any in-app purchases, nor does it have a mobile app, so there are no reasons to create VNG’s Roblox Studio.
  4. Probably no. They said that you can’t go back to the global version after logging in with VNG.

Luckily, your works won’t be going down the toilet (any time soon…?), but I do expect a drop in active players and revenue.
Y’all will say that I’m overreacting, but my heart dropped when I heard that Roblox will be partnering with VNG. Just look at how many good games VNG has killed in the past, it makes me wonder what will they do this time with Roblox.

TL;DR: 1. Depends; 2. Nothing; 3. No; 4. No.

1 Like