Questions about upcoming mafia game

Me and @JustArsenic are making a mafia game on Roblox. However I would like to ask few questions regarding the ToS of Roblox.

The game is Jailbreak & Mad City like game where you have to escape prison. It is mafia themed and you can form street gangs, rob stuff & and sell it to blackmarket dealers, there are corrupt cops etc.

There are few things that we decided are unclear whether or not they break the ToS of Roblox. We wouldn’t like to get our accounts deleted for some stupid reason so we have to figure out these things.

First, the name. Would this name “Blood Streets” be allowed on Roblox or not?

Second, gangs and stuff related to them. I found these from the Roblox Community Rules. Would gangs break these rules here? It isn’t any gore-gang-violence game at all but these rules still make me wonder if our game is actually breaking Roblox rules.

Any help on these would be appreciated. Thx!

1 Like

The screenshot you took refers to actual organized crime taking place on ROBLOX. Since you’re just making a game about organized crime, you should be fine. Look at The Streets. It’s a popular ROBLOX game that focuses on forming gangs to fight other players.

Roblox is PEGI 7 under the UK age rating system (meaning 7 years of age and above)

Game content with scenes or sounds that can possibly frightening to younger children should fall in this category. Very mild forms of violence (implied, non-detailed, or non-realistic violence) are acceptable for a game with a PEGI 7 rating.

And in line with the Terms of Service

• Atrocities, massacres, and other shocking real (or pseudo-real) world events; and
  • Extreme violence, physical or psychological abuse.

This as I understand means no excessive violence or violence that accurately simulates extreme acts in the real world (for example, crushing someone’s skull would not be okay).

However, in general if your game isn’t appropriate for a 7-10 year old, it should not be on the platform.

The requirements are considerably more stringent on Xbox, if you ever decide to go onto that platform.