Quick asset build

Hi guys. Just to clarify something, an asset is a piece of item right? Anyway, this is a chair which I made in about 10-15 mins. I’m new to building, in fact I’m not focusing on building right now, this is just to have some fun making things(I’m learning the basics of scripting, in case you’re wondering, nearly done learning). I know it’s a chair but please give your feedback on it and also, please give me some easy assets I could build next. READ: Shout-out to @ToastyGamer295 for his free model. I referenced off it. Thank you!

Quick edit: I decided to make it into a free model so everyone can use it.

3 Likes

10 to 15 minutes? for 6 bricks?

5 Likes

I think the color looks a bit weird. Maybe go for something lighter?

Also you may want to check the proportions of the chair if it matches the standard character size.

2 Likes

Honestly if there was a chair that my esteemed self would allow himself to sit on, it would be this one.
But maybe, perhaps, it’s lacking in handles also, make it a bit brighter?

2 Likes

Hi! Do note that I’m not very good at building and this is in fact one of my first few assets and as such I can’t build things very quickly.

Yeah, now that I look at it, it looks a bit greenish, thanks for the advice!

Give this guy some slack he is new.

2 Likes

Let’s see…

Actually, you have managed to position the bricks properly, unless I am blind.
Since that is your first chair I guess, an second attempt with the given recommendations & suggestions below would be neat.

As my suggestion, try scaling the chair smaller, here’s the reason why;
If you’d like to keep your chair realistic, compare the chair height with the height of the default Humanoid, the chair is as big as the Humanoid.Try lowering the seat just a bit :)!

Using customized textures or templates to adjust it to the chair would let the chair look way fancier, and if you’d want to go advanced, using several smaller parts to add some kind of shape to the chair would fancier it way more :o!

Taking you to another level, shaping the seat via Blender as .obj or .fbx would surely impress most of us!
Another tip;
If you’ve managed to study some of the shortcuts, these do really help at certain times.
One of the shortcuts I prefer; ctrl + d to duplicate your new part in its same position as in the old / original part.

Beside that, plenty of ‘styles’ such as cartoonistic or low-poly could improve the appearance & rating of your game, which I do consider as an important element.

Last but not least, plugins might help you out with managing your Roblox Studio environment to adjust it to building etc, such as the known F3X tool.

Feel free to hit me up for any other concerns and I’ll try to provide as many considerable methods and features as possible during your adventure.

Hope I could have helped you & others with feedback regarding your first experience in building ;)!

4 Likes

I don’t really think you should be trying to time yourself if your new to building. You should be trying to put in as much detail as possible.

1 Like

Its great and i finally became a memeber so i can tell people they did great

1 Like

Good job man! I’d change the texture tho but other than that I like this :smiley:

1 Like

I’d recommend using a different color pallet, the colours don’t really blend well together, try and use more of a natural colour environment. Maybe a wooden material would work since you’re a new builder.

I wouldn’t detail this a lot there could be some spindle around the chair if you plan on adding more height to the chair so it doesn’t look small small improvements would make it better.

1 Like

Yeah I have been using f3x for my builds, it’s definitely easy to use! I will look into the the styles you mentioned and see what I can build next time to go with that. Thank you for your advice!

1 Like

At anytime ;)!

(3000000 chars)

1 Like

Work on colors, textures and complex shapes.

It’s not really a thing you should flex with. While you may be proud, it’s just 6 bricks.

• Try unioning, by that, you can give your builds more complex shapes.
  • Don’t make it so straight, rotate the back part, give some offset to legs.
  • Don’t make everything in 1 color.
  • Try playing with different textures.
1 Like

As you’re new to building, i would actually say that is a good start. Chairs are very plain so there’s not much to say.

Good luck with your further building! :grin:

1 Like