- Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
There’s this window called ‘Advanced Objects’ which lists many objects that can be inserted into the Workspace or your selection by clicking on them:
Unfortunately there’s no button in the RibbonBar to toggle the visiblity of this window. If you look under the ‘View’ tab there is no button which enables or disables the window:
The only way to toggle the visiblity of this window at the moment is to use the shortcut (Ctrl + I by default). Speaking of shortcuts, if you navigate to the shortcut management window, the name listed for this window (Quick Insert) does not match the name of the window - ‘Advanced Objects’ - when it’s open:
This is really confusing and makes it difficult to show this Advanced Object window when you have a freshly installed studio because:
- The window is closed by default.
- There is no button in the RibbonBar to toggle the window’s visibility.
- The shortcut’s name and the window’s name are different.
- How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
Always. To reproduce this install a fresh - latest - Roblox Studio version. If you open the ‘View’ tab there should be no button to show this window and if you go to File → Advanced → Customize shortcuts… the name of the shortcut to open this window (‘Quick Insert’) will be different from the actual window’s title when it’s open (‘Advanced Objects’).
- Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
Latest version of studio, but this has also been the case for every version in the past year from what I remember.
- Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
See screenshots above.
- When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
This issue has been there for a really long time. This bug has been a thing for at least half a year, but it might be close to a year now - if not longer.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
Nothing to add.