Quick Little WW2 inspired GFX I Made

So I have been inactive for a while but I decided (quite literally out of the blue) to make this:

It was rushed but I decided to share it here. Any constructive criticism will be taken gladly. If for some odd reason you would want to use it, go ahead its free you can take it!

If blender creations are something people are interested in, then I’d love to keep posting things I make.

Happy Holidays To All!! :grin: :santa: :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

I like the folds in the clothing. I can tell it’s still 2D but even so it looks better than it would otherwise.

Aside from that, I’m not a fan of this GFX. I’ll list off some of my main points to avoid a wall of text.

1. The lighting looks like what you’d find in a well-lit city at night, rather than the dim atmosphere of a trench. If well-lit was your goal, then you should at least make the light a more realistic orange rather than blue.

2. Some of the textures aren’t great. The soldier’s webbing just has a flat colour texture with no detail, and the helmet looks as reflective as a polished mirror. Giving the former some kind of cloth or leather texture and the latter a much more worn and less reflective look would add greatly.

3. The background is just a 2D image rather than an actual 3D background, so not only is the lighting different between the character and the background, but it also lacks any depth.

4. Why is the gun floating out of this infantryman’s hands?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I spent most of my time trying to retexture the model so I didn’t put much effort into the actual background. I don’t normally do things with roblox models so I used one from the asset browser. Thanks for the pointer on the lighting though.